Sunrise along the pier

canoe_gurl

Super Moderator
Aug 19, 2008
I recommend for everyone to walk down towards the piers for the sunrise, I try to get up for it at least a couple times a week and it is absolutely gorgeous. Here are a few pics, I can post more as I finish sorting through them. The sunsets are also just as beautiful across the bay, I am hoping to catch more of those in the next coming weeks.

Unfortunately photobucket compresses the files, so they are not as clear as they should be.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Great shots CG,:hail: I may try and get a few tomorrow morning myself.

Downsizing the pictures is good, then they don't take up as much room on the server.
One of the problems with Internet Explorer (and not Firefox) is that they compress pictures more when they are somewhat large and they don't look the best.
If you place your cursor over the open picture, you will see a little expand icon on the bottom right. This will open the picture fully.
I now try to make the picture just large enough that this icon doesn't come up and the picture is aleady fully expanded.

canoe_gurl

Super Moderator
Aug 19, 2008
wow Scott, your picture is beautiful. I always check the Hamilton Port Authority website for the arrivals, but since they don't post departure times it's always hard to catch a ship leaving. Good job!

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
wow Scott, your picture is beautiful. I always check the Hamilton Port Authority website for the arrivals, but since they don't post departure times it's always hard to catch a ship leaving. Good job!
Thanks CG;
I somehow got you mixed up with member suesue, sorry about that.:1:
I will change the the start of that post.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Another try today, but no early morning clouds to get the effect that CG got.
It was just the red sun coming up, if the lake was less wavy then that could of been a good one, but no it was choppy this morning.
I took one of the pier just before sunrise, those fishing guys start real early.:D

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Attached are a couple shots from this morning taken by one of our newest members, mrb123.
It's not near the pier, but still on the Beach.
Thanks to mrb123.:beer:

Dec 1, 2004
Longueuil, Quebec
Thanks for these shots. I had forgotten how great it was to watch the sun rise over the shore of the beach. My bedroom on the second floor of our house looked east and I remember watching the sun rise and also watching the steam locomotives passing by on the nearby tracks. What a great time that was.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Thanks for these shots. I had forgotten how great it was to watch the sun rise over the shore of the beach. My bedroom on the second floor of our house looked east and I remember watching the sun rise and also watching the steam locomotives passing by on the nearby tracks. What a great time that was.
That would be a great sunrise photo with the steam engines going by, I have added one more with some clouds adding to the effect, it seems you need clouds or the early morning effect isn't there.
Thanks to canoe girl for starting this one.:beer:

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
Another try today, but no early morning clouds to get the effect that CG got.
It was just the red sun coming up, if the lake was less wavy then that could of been a good one, but no it was choppy this morning.
I took one of the pier just before sunrise, those fishing guys start real early.:D

This needs to be entered in a photo contest Scott

canoe_gurl

Super Moderator
Aug 19, 2008
wow, all of those photos are amazing scott!! unfortunately i have been so busy with school that i have not been able to check the threads as often as i would like, and lately i have been leaving well before the sunrise, but it is really good to see your pics! and i also agree that you should enter those into a contest, i am not sure if you have facebook but there are plenty of hamilton photo contest groups.

unfortunately i have been leaving my house before the sun rises, but this week i am hoping to come home early enough to get some pictures of the sunset. in the meantime, keep your pics coming!!

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Thanks CG;
I think this morning (today) would of been a good sunrise to shoot, there were lots of clouds with many breaks in them. I didn't have time to wait for it as well.

canoe_gurl

Super Moderator
Aug 19, 2008
haha yes, facebook can be time consuming! i will try to check the groups though to see if there are any outside contests, because your pictures really are beautiful!

Top Bottom