Path Pictures

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
A seaplane landed on the beach yesterday, not something we usually see. Thanks to member Opie.
Plane on the beach.jpg

Beach Rescue on the Burlington side;
BRU2019.JPG

A memorial forKaren Gross located near Fitch Ave.

Gross.JPG

Another from member Opie, the Captain Matthew Flinders

Capt.M Flinders.jpg

Opie

Staff member
Mar 1, 2017
The Beach Strip
I do hope they make good use of todays weather and finish the repairs to the path today, we will be under a gale warning later today into tomorrow

https://weather.gc.ca/marine/forecast_e.html?mapID=11&siteID=08207

Winds
Issued 03:00 AM EST 26 November 2019
Today Tonight and Wednesday.Gale warning in effect. Wind southwest 15 knots diminishing to southwest 10 this morning then becoming light this afternoon. Wind increasing to east 15 near midnight and to east 25 Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 30 Wednesday afternoon and to southwest 40 Wednesday evening.
Waves
Today Tonight and Wednesday.Waves one half metre building to one and one half metres Wednesday morning and to 3 to 4 Wednesday evening.
Weather & Visibility
Today Tonight and Wednesday.Rain Wednesday. Showers or flurries Wednesday evening.

taken yesterday, work begins again on repairing the pathway

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I do hope they make good use of todays weather and finish the repairs to the path today, we will be under a gale warning later today into tomorrow

https://weather.gc.ca/marine/forecast_e.html?mapID=11&siteID=08207

Winds
Today Tonight and Wednesday.Gale warning in effect. Wind southwest 15 knots diminishing to southwest 10 this morning then becoming light this afternoon. Wind increasing to east 15 near midnight and to east 25 Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 30 Wednesday afternoon and to southwest 40 Wednesday evening.
I believe that they refer to the winds being out of the southwest, so I am more worried about the salt piles than the lake?
Just to add, the City seems to be worried on the future of this section of the Trail, could be it be that they are expecting higher lake levels next spring?

Opie

Staff member
Mar 1, 2017
The Beach Strip
I believe that they refer to the winds being out of the southwest, so I am more worried about the salt piles than the lake?
Just to add, the City seems to be worried on the future of this section of the Trail, could be it be that they are expecting higher lake levels next spring?
You are correct, the morning wave event will be interesting to watch but nothing compared to the afternoon/evening winds that sadly could be blowing the salt over the beach community. I noticed the other night that the one pile closest to the water had it top tarps flapping in the wind. As for the City, the sudden attention could be due to the higher water levels expected next year but also this breach is very close to East Port Drive which they must protect.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
From today;
ice.JPG

Attached is a picture from the late 1980's, there isn't a Beach Trail yet and the Export A billboard is long gone, Pete Colletti is still living in the Lighthouse Keeper's house and there is still one light standard (on the right and hard to see) from the old beach promenade.

NoPath.jpg

Another flashback to around the time, late 1980's. The tracks are long gone and nature is taking over. Thanks to member Maggie.

PathNH.jpg

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Added a few more, rocks on the Trail, many thanks to the resident who took the time to brighten up our lives in tough times.

Rocks.jpg

More from the Trail today;

0J4A0013a.JPG

0J4A0031a.JPG

Another;

0J4A0031a.JPG

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The new wheelchair mat near the canal;
walkway.JPG

Red chairs over and an old timber that could of been part of the old wooden pier, I will look through some old photos and see if I can match it up.

RedChairs.JPG

The CGS Limnos heading out on a nice fall day.

Limnos.JPG

Toronto past the Trail, sent in by member Maggie.

DSCN1610.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom