The Last Week

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The last week of the Dynes is coming closer and next week we will have a few last chances to get together at the oldest tavern in Ontario.
Monday June 4th, starting at 7pm the Dynes will hosting it's last Texas Holdem night, Wednesday is the last Bike Night with Bastard Inc as the musical guest. And the last Friday night party will be held on the 8th.

Jun28_zpsvx77f46f.jpg

The last official day that the Dynes will open is the 14th.
Hope to see everyone for the last time at the Dynes.

Final Sign_zpswic8eytd.jpg

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The card night went well, except I lost again but yesterday's Bike Night was a huge success. It was wall to wall people inside and out, both parking lots were backed full and brands of our favorite beer were sold out by 9pm.
Tony's staff did a great job of keeping the food and the drinks flowing considering you could barely move around.
The music was loud and well done by the band Bastard Inc, who are an offshoot of the past musical guest Sarasin. But now we have two Beach Bums performing (picture attached) in the newer band.
Bike Night organizer Ken (Eagle) has ran bike nights all over for many years call it quits last night and has retired, all the best to Ken and he did say that last night was the biggest he has ever ran.
Draws were conducted with all proceeds going to the Canadian Cancer Society.

IMG_2992_zps20yi7pcp.jpg

IMG_2993_zpsft9hs2yt.jpg

Ken addressing the crowd;
IMG_3076_zpsfrdwkedj.jpg

A few more;

IMG_3006a_zps9roxtfi1.jpg

IMG_3014a_zpsj1sgsuyq.jpg
IMG_3020_zpsjmelyhth.jpg
Last Bike Night_zpsngkw17ah.jpg
Last Bike Night2_zpshqm1pqyu.jpg

More Bastard Inc;
IMG_2984_zpshgrgtcgv.jpg

IMG_3099_zpsywyxkimw.jpg

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Lucky for me Dynes doesn't have all these parties every week.
It wasn't as packed as the Bike Night but it was still a big crowd on hand for the last official party at the oldest tavern in Ontario.
There Beach Bums there that I haven't seen in a while and some that I haven't seen in decades.
The evening started with a Happy Birthday wish to Kelly Hall with the bagpipes (picture attached), then music by the last band to play at the Dynes, Dreemerz.
Again thanks to the Staff at the Dynes for the great service.

IMG_3245.JPG
Bagpipes_zpsjavrdacs.jpg

Dreemerz, the last band to play at the Dynes;
Dreemerz_zpsppnjfrlh.jpg

Last edited:

R&R SISSON

Arcade Leader
Feb 23, 2004
712 beach blvd
Last day

Well as I sit here looking at your pictures, I have tears running down my face as this will be my last day of work at the Dynes after 11 years. I am terribly sad to see it end and a little scared of the future I guess. I will truely miss all the wonderful friendships, conversations and fun times. Hopefully we stay in touch and find a new place to gather. Tony and Lee have been great to work for. They mean well and did right by their employees unlike previous owners. As sad as I am to see the Dynes shut down I truely understand why and have always backed them on that. They actually kept it open for two years longer then it should have been. For those that are pissed off "How long can you ask someone to put their own $ into a place to keep it running!" Theres alot of people that dont want it shut down but we havent seen them in a least 15 years. Its hard to pay the bills with no $. So dont be pissed off just try and see it from a different point of view and enjoy the last day. Thanks to all the employees that worked at the Dynes, you did a great job, Hope you made lasting friendships and memories. Thanks scott for the advertising and pictures and for this web site. Well time to get ready for work hope to see you their for one last drink. Good luck everyone!!!

Renee Sisson
Dynes manager for one last day::beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Renee;
Great post and I couldn't agree more. Thanks for putting up with me and my buds all those years,:2peace: and all the best in the future.
Thanks to all the staff who stuck it out during the slow time and pulling their hair during the crazy times.
Lastly thanks to Tony and Lee for keeping the place open for sooooo long when all it did was suck money out of your wallet.

Very sad to see it go.

I stopped in this afternoon for one last look, all the Beach history pictures are down and the moose is gone. The rest won't be far behind, I have attached a few last photos.

No Moose;

IMG_3746_zpshsw8uzdw.jpg

More

Sigs_zps20yx9civ.jpg

IMG_4047_zpstantdicc.jpg

IMG_4048_zpsnoyvfhx4.jpg
IMG_4049_zpswbern10i.jpg
IMG_4050_zpstaioev45.jpg
IMG_4051_zpsrnym6klq.jpg

TC

Administrator & Honorary Beach Bum
Feb 16, 2004
www.truecountrymusic.com
Sorry to hear about the closing of Dynes, from all that I have read here and heard about the place from Scotto I would prolly have fit right in. I understand completely from the posts above why the business closed though. I just don't know where I'm going to meet everyone now whenever I get around to making that big trip up north.

Cheers to a Legend "Dynes Tavern":beer:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
You would of had your own seat if you stuck around long enough.:apat:
We will find a place to get together when you head up here.
Cheers.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I have added back many of the pictures that have gone missing over the years and adding more from the last days of the Dynes, if anyone wants a picture removed, please email me at hbcf@cogeco.ca.

Brian_zpsjj1feyll.jpg

IMG_3317_zpsf3jk29ys.jpg

IMG_3309_zpsspmhykxp.jpg

Ron_zpstykbcvyz.jpg

IMG_3293_zpssjlenlym.jpg

Doug_zpsfwkhe0ua.jpg

Arma_zpsworan4f3.jpg

Patio2_zpsf7taikou.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom