532 Beach Blvd.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
This place has been used as a number of different businesses and for a while it was used as a home. But at one time it was the Pop-In, Mac's Milk and even a Karate Studio.
Now it is Shutters on the Beach and they have done an excellent job of fixing the place up.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
This might be the place that was once known as Dalzell's. There used to be a Texaco station next door. Dalzell's used to have the best selection of candy on the Beach.
I think Dalzell's was little further down, the shutter place is beside where Ryan's Drugstore once stood.

RHammond

Oct 11, 2004
Dalzell's was down at the south end of the beach across from the small Skyway Park. There is a picture of it in your gallery ( # 14 in the Beach Pics 1980 folder. ) It is now a family home beside the brown brick building that was built a few years ago. Mrs. Walker ran the post office/variety store beside the old Texaco station and she did have fantastic variety of penny candy when I was younger.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Kimba;
I haven't seen or heard from you for a while, you stopped by the Dynes a day or two before it closed for a visit .
All is well.
Thanks for the update and I didn't know you grew up down here, we should of started a thread on Dalzels.

GailK

Jan 20, 2008
Cunnecticut
Delzell's

Delzell's was down where the original on/off ramp was to the QEW it sat diagonal from the far end of the school play ground..( near Santini's House) I use to go there every day on my way to school after lunch to get my "mini pop" and my 5 cent bag of chips .. Anyone remember the Mini Pop ??
:2peace:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Delzell's was down where the original on/off ramp was to the QEW it sat diagonal from the far end of the school play ground..( near Santini's House) I use to go there every day on my way to school after lunch to get my "mini pop" and my 5 cent bag of chips .. Anyone remember the Mini Pop ??
:2peace:
Gail;
Now you are getting me mixed up here, wasn't Delzell's further down the strip, across from Skyway Park? There was a little store that sold candy that was very near to Santini's and it was at the top of the lane beside the Texaco, I have no idea what it was called.
Was that the Mini-Pop??

Dec 1, 2004
Longueuil, Quebec
And now that I look back at the thread I don't believe that the picture shown from the 1980 Beach Pics (#14) is of the place that I remember as Dalzell's. This place (pic #14) was, in fact, nearer the south end of the Beach and I don't think I ever went there. It was too far from home but I remember seeing it from the car. Dalzell's was next to the Texaco and on the other side of the Texaco (the north side) was a butcher shop owned by a Beach guy named Noel .......? He was robbed one day and the robbers knocked him on the noggin and locked him in his meat cooler where he was found quite a bit later by a curious customer. I'll bet that would be in the Spectator files. I wish I could remember his last name...he was actually a friend of my father's. Must have occurred in the late 50's. I will probably remember his name the moment I post this.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Crawfish;
I have asked another resident from back then and he tells me that the store south of the Texaco was called Walker's. Any memories?
Maybe I should check with the Santini's and see if they a picture from back then.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
He was robbed one day and the robbers knocked him on the noggin and locked him in his meat cooler where he was found quite a bit later by a curious customer. I'll bet that would be in the Spectator files. I wish I could remember his last name...he was actually a friend of my father's. Must have occurred in the late 50's. I will probably remember his name the moment I post this.
If you remember, let me know. Might be able to look it up at the Library.

Top Bottom