Stolen out of my own Backyard!!!!!!!!

WBowen

May 14, 2007
I was shocked when I entered my backyard on Saturday to find that my new bike was stolen! It took me several months to save up for the bike. It was a ladies Silver Schwin. I had the bike for one week before it was gone. I also spent $80.00 a few days before to buy a hitch for the bike so I could pull my Four year old son behind me. This hitch is on the back tire, on the left side( it is for a Chariot). We are both very upset that the bike is gone. I am new to the Beach Strip. If you have any information please call 905-548-6004 or return the bike no questions asked.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I was shocked when I entered my backyard on Saturday to find that my new bike was stolen! It took me several months to save up for the bike. It was a ladies Silver Schwin. I had the bike for one week before it was gone. I also spent $80.00 a few days before to buy a hitch for the bike so I could pull my Four year old son behind me. This hitch is on the back tire, on the left side( it is for a Chariot). We are both very upset that the bike is gone. I am new to the Beach Strip. If you have any information please call 905-548-6004 or return the bike no questions asked.
Well thats not good news, sorry to hear.
I assume you live on the lake side near the Path??

Hopefully someone finds near their home and returns it, we get bikes found from time to time.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the bike??

WBowen

May 14, 2007
I don't live on the lake side,or on a side street . They climed over a wood fence between two neighbours to take it!!!!!!!!

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Ed Nolan has had some items missing from his property also.:bang:
I guess we will have to start watching a little better down here.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
That really sucks!~
should you even bother reporting something like this to police? what r the chances of getting it back?

I live in east hamilton & i would never think to have anything "nice" in front of my house b/c of vandalism...even in my backyard I have had solar lites stolen & my sons bike. which really surprised me b/c you have to walk down the driveway ..un=lock the gate..go to the BACK of the yard & it was hiding between the shed & the fence. ;-(

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
There have been reports of gas being stolen out vehicles, I have to start locking things up.
I can imagine that it is much worse of a problem in the city.

lillibell

Jul 14, 2006
beach strip
we have had a sirrius radio stolen from my son's vehicle and 3 weeks ago my husband caught someone trying to steal his car. they had it running when he heard a noise and looked out the window and yelled at them. they took off and left the car.
it was 2 young men. 17-20 yrs old. cops came and gave us a report number but they really didn't care to much.

smr714

RIP July 1969-April, 2009
Mar 15, 2004
Beach Blvd.
www.neopets.com
they are staying thefts of gas are skyrocketing. We now leave everything under lock and key. Last year we lost all the solar lamps in the back inside our fence near the bike path. Last winter we also had all our outside planters dumped or broken during a workday -- I came home to two decks full of dirt, but at least they did not get into the house.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I just saw on Channel 11 news that they found a bike steeling warehouse thing out in Toronto. They found over 2500 stolen bikes. They are opening it up for people to go look to see if theirs is there. But you have to have proof like a receipt or registration.
It was out of control there and cops did nothing about it until there was a whole lot of complaining.

smr714

Mar 15, 2004
Beach Blvd.
www.neopets.com
it is just nuts.... on my driveway we have the reflectors to ease backing-up and for the winter to mark where the driveway is when it is covered in snow. We noticed on the weekend the ones down near the sidewalk have been taken, but not the ones in the rest of the driveway. I guess anything that isn't nailed down is fair game lately.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I leave everything lying around and nothing goes missing, I really got to start locking up around my property.
It's too bad that it has to be that way.

smr;
Maybe you should invest in a few cameras for your place, there is a guy on the Beach who does the work for a good price.

smr714

Mar 15, 2004
Beach Blvd.
www.neopets.com
What we have lost is not worth the cameras yet.... the reflectors are bought at the dollar store and the small patio style lights were not expensive as well. The reflectors were probabally kids since we are so close to the store.

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
Someone I know was talking with the security guard at the school today. Just small talk.
Anyway, she said that Saturday night. (Around 4:00 I think he said) 3 teens tried to break into the sleeping area. Tried kicking in the door etc.... Then they ended up steeling 2 bikes. One that wasn't locked up and one that was. Then they took off. The guard called the police and all 3 teens were caught. :)

Top Bottom