To all members wanting to join.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Oct 2019 Edit
Just to let everyone know, I have turned off new registrations due to the large amount of spammers. If you want to join our community website or know someone who wants to, please send me an e-mail and I will do the registration for you.

Thanks

Email me at hbcf@cogeco.ca for any other issues.

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Hi Michael; I haven't heard from you in a while. The new facelift was compliments of TC, he does all that work around here, not me. Hope you aren't too close to those fires?

doubleJJ

Nov 19, 2005
My compliments to all who work so hard at keeping this site up....I am in it all the time and enjoy every minute....

lighthouse kid

Mar 6, 2007
1155 Beach Blvd - 1962-1972
Hi Michael; I haven't heard from you in a while. The new facelift was compliments of TC, he does all that work around here, not me. Hope you aren't too close to those fires?
Hi Scott,

TC did a good job of the site's new look.

The fires are down south of us near LA.

I live about an hour north of San Francisco. It's been really dry here and our area is on volunteer water rationing of 15-20% cut backs per household.

Military showers, no washing your car or truck and brown lawns.

Weather here has been very strange this summer, really hot then cooler temps almost like our winter or spring. Then we'll have temps over 100 and humid, seems like earth quake weather.

-Michael Gushulak

epiphany

Apr 13, 2010
Hi--Just moved into the neighbourhood :) I love this website--it is very well done -I was surprised to find it -- it has alot of interesting info... :) Does anyone know anything about the so called "castle" on the beach strip--the one with the really old delapetaded sign in front of it that says Castle?

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Hi--Just moved into the neighbourhood :) I love this website--it is very well done -I was surprised to find it -- it has alot of interesting info... :) Does anyone know anything about the so called "castle" on the beach strip--the one with the really old delapetaded sign in front of it that says Castle?
epiphany;:wavey:
Thanks and once again, welcome to the Beach and the Beach Forum! I assume you are talking about the "castle" near the Beach Store? There have been a few businesses in area over the years, then the building was demolished and the castle built. The sign is a left over from (as I remember) from sub shop that was located there. There are a few comments and pictures over here-
http://hamiltonbeachcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96

Larry

Mar 28, 2019
Perhaps I'm the latest to join up, being March 28/19.
I guess I was a "wrong side of the tracks" guy, as we lived at Station 28 on the Burlington side of the bridge and on the lake side. All those lake side of the tracks residences were on a 99 year lease from CN.

Our place is the only one standing there now on the lake side. It's the brick over concrete building with the slate roof. Originally it was the pump house. In the 1940's it was converted to seasonal. We bought it in 1948 and were there until the 60's. I've been on the beach either seasonally or full time from 1943 to 1971.

I now live in Nova Scotia but should the cards play that I become a widower, my intent is to return to the beach.

If you want a good mystery read which largely plays out on the strip, read Beach Strip by local writer John Lawrence Reynolds.

Cheers !

Larry

Top Bottom