Black Dust

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
A Beach resident asked me today to come over and take some pictures of some re-occuring black dust that he was getting on his new back deck.
I have attached a few of the pics I took, one of the black dust on the cloth is from the resident's hot tub cover, another of the deck where the dust has collected on a bit of left over snow and the last shows the enterance to his home throught the patio door. Is anyone else getting the same problem?

Joe Beach

Feb 6, 2008
These pictures were taken this past Sat. (Jan 30th), however, what you see has been visually present for 3 - 4 days. I would say go back as far as Tues. or Wed. of last week and check readings every day if possible??

Debbie

Nov 8, 2006
Beach Boulevard
Inquiries have been made to the industries, the M.O.E. and Hamilton Air Monitoring Network. The M.O.E. had not received any complaints. Will update if anything comes forward.

epiphany

Apr 13, 2010
I noticed alot of greasy grit on my car last week after the dust storm--had a hard time getting it off the windows... :(

Debbie

Nov 8, 2006
Beach Boulevard
The most important thing to do here is to call the MOE as soon as you notice it. The phone numbers will be in Aprils Banner. They measure the impact of an incident by sampling and the numbers of complaints. Note the day, time if you can and weather conditions. Go to www.hamnair.ca click on access real time data, interactive network map and station 29102, click on station report-good to know if the levels of the measures emissions were up that day. Don't touch the dirt until they sample- ask for a reply- there have been a lot of emissions lately and the M.O.E only respond if called.

Top Bottom