Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The Joseph Brant Museum Presents:

DOLLS: Person, Place, Thing

An in-house exhibit at the Joseph Brant Museum

EXTENDED UNTIL JUNE 13TH!!!!!

Dolls, as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary, are small models of a human figure, used as children’s toys. Most people’s experiences growing up would correspond with that definition; but what about the psychological side to that? The idea of dolls as role models, good or bad; the phenomenon of Barbie and Bratz dolls; the difference between a doll and an action figure; or how Ken versus G.I. Joe shows a whole different side to how we might originally have perceived dolls. Dolls over time have evolved, from the very beginning as playthings for children, to the development of the fashion doll, baby doll, and eventually Barbie and the unrealistic body image. The Joseph Brant Museum presents these ideas and more through an in-house exhibit on display now, featuring dolls from the museum’s collection dating from the mid-19th century up to present day. Come visit and explore this dynamic exhibit, which will excite the visitor’s imagination and more!

Operating hours are Tuesday-Friday, 10:00-4:30 and Sundays 1:00-4:30.

At Joseph Brant Museum, 1240 North Shore Blvd., Burlington, 905-634-3556

Come out and see the exhibition before it’s gone!!

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I still have a few of my old dolls around. I have Barbie, Midge, Allan, Skipper, Dennis the Menace, Kimmy, a small blonde haired doll. Plus Chatty Cathy and Chatty Baby.

For my large ones I have a blonde and brunette which are both 20 inches in height. And my very large one that is 30 inches in height.

Last edited:
Top Bottom