construction on path

xbtown

Jan 29, 2008
Does anyone know what the city is doing on the path? 2 guys were here at 6:30 am, waking my whole family cutting the asphalt, then another truckload of 4 guys to fill it in with new asphalt came at 9. Don't know why they need 4 guys to fill a 2 foot by 3 foot hole? And they don't seem to have done anything? AND they violated the noise by-law by being here at 6:30 am!

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Does anyone know what the city is doing on the path? 2 guys were here at 6:30 am, waking my whole family cutting the asphalt, then another truckload of 4 guys to fill it in with new asphalt came at 9. Don't know why they need 4 guys to fill a 2 foot by 3 foot hole? And they don't seem to have done anything? AND they violated the noise by-law by being here at 6:30 am!
I see sections being replaced near the go-karts, so I guess they are doing the whole trail. But they had the cemet saw running at 6:30 in the morning?

xbtown

Jan 29, 2008
Yes - I tried to lodge a complaint but the City is having trouble finding the department to take the complaint :)

RHammond

Oct 11, 2004
The city workers have identified areas that are uneven or cracked the length of the path behind our homes with orange spray paint. It looks like they are repairing those problem spots this week probably to prevent any accidents/lawsuits before any injuries occur. I'm sure they are starting early this week because it is 100+ dergrees out by noon. I wouldn't want to be out there shovelling ashpalt in the heat of the afternoon these past 3-4 days.The city workers/students looking after the path have been doing a great job keeping the area clean. My wife weeded the small gardens at both ends of the Beach and they came right behind her to clean up the yard bags and debris. The same with the weeds, garbadge etc. behind our properties that we and other residents the length of the Beach clean to keep the path area looking nice. Those guys pick up anything left by the path, usually the same day. I'm happy to have them here.Those of us that have been here long enough,know that this area wasn't maintained nearly as well prior to the path. As far as having trouble lodging a complaint,Welcome to Hamilton!!

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
The city can be a pain sometimes about notifiying people of things.

They came by my house one day and said they were putting in a new electrical meter. Not the smart meter though. And I had no notice of this. I asked him to wait till I shut my computer down first so I could save my work. Well he wouldn't wait. Needless to say I wasn't happy when I had to do that day's stuff all over again.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Yes - I tried to lodge a complaint but the City is having trouble finding the department to take the complaint :)
By the time something is done, they will have finished and moved to another section.

I'm sure they are starting early this week because it is 100+ dergrees out by noon. I wouldn't want to be out there shovelling ashpalt in the heat of the afternoon these past 3-4 days.
I was thinking the same, but many resident are still sleeping at 6 in the morning. There must be some middle ground where they can work away from the heat of the day but still give some consideration to residents.
And I agree, I constantly see City staff cleaning up around the Trail.

xbtown

Jan 29, 2008
I agree the maintenence staff are wonderful! These guys not so much. It was the asphalt cutters. They could have come by yesterday late in the day, or after 7 am when they are allowed by by-law. The guys that came to pave I had no problem with, they didn't come until 9 - except there were so many of them! But those poor guys were working with asphalt right through the heat of the day

Top Bottom