History

Stott

Jul 10, 2010
I am a daughter of the people that owned the Texan on the beach. Not sure if anyone remembers that place but it was down near where Hutches is now! Small place, but it was ours none the less.
If anyone has any photos I would love to see them, since they sold it by the time I was 6yrs old my memory of this is vague.
Thanks everyone!
Hope I did this right since it's my first time on here!
Jackie Stott

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I am a daughter of the people that owned the Texan on the beach. Not sure if anyone remembers that place but it was down near where Hutches is now! Small place, but it was ours none the less.
If anyone has any photos I would love to see them, since they sold it by the time I was 6yrs old my memory of this is vague.
Thanks everyone!
Hope I did this right since it's my first time on here!
Jackie Stott
Jackie;
Welcome to the Beach Forum and thanks for the little bit of history. Very sorry though, I have never heard of the Texan. Maybe one of the older crowd.
Do you have an approx. year?

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Jackie;
I just went through my copy of Memories Of Van Wagner's Beach and there isn't any reference to the Texan. This book shows many businesses in pictures and writings, some of them were very small, but no Texan. There is a whole section dedicated to business along VanWagner's, so it is covered in detail.

Stott

Jul 10, 2010
I am not sure on dates to be honest, I know that they sold it or moved on around 1970, prior to that they had two booths around the amusement park where the rides were!
Not sure if that helps but maybe someone will show up with pictures or something?
Jackie

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I am not sure on dates to be honest, I know that they sold it or moved on around 1970, prior to that they had two booths around the amusement park where the rides were!
Not sure if that helps but maybe someone will show up with pictures or something?
Jackie
Hopefully someone remembers, I use to work at the amusement park, so I was around. But I just don't recall a Texan.

Stott

Jul 10, 2010
The Texan was down close to where Hutches is now, but we did own two smaller concessions (not called the Texan) at the amusement park.
You may remember my sisters or brother working at them? Sharon,Cam,Suzette?

David O'Reilly

Dec 15, 2012
Stott
"I am not sure on dates to be honest, I know that they sold it or moved on around 1970, prior to that they had two booths around the amusement park where the rides were!
Not sure if that helps but maybe someone will show up with pictures or something?"

Stott, I didn't live on the beach so can't help. But I'm interested in knowing what kind of business it was. A veriaty store?

You might want to see if the Hamilton Public Library's Local History and Archives Department has any old telephone books that list the Texan. That obviously wont give you any pictures, but maybe a phone number and street address. And if it's listed for the last year that it existed, you could work backwords through prior phone books to find out how long it was there.

Top Bottom