Confederation Park Shopping Centre

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I see they are starting to dig for the new stores across from Confederation Park. Here is a diagram of the layout. Not sure what all is going in there but I know Walmart will be moving here when this is done. It looks like the largest store on the diagram will be Walmart.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I agree Scotto. And they will eventually be adding bus services to the area so people can reach those new stores. I wonder how much parking would be there though.

rprouse

Nov 10, 2009
Beach Blvd
I must admit that it will be nice having some more stores close to the beach strip, but I do think it is a shame that Wallmart is the major attraction.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Mind you during the Pan Am games if more parking is needed. They could do a shuttle/bus service and people could park at Eastgate Mall.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I wouldn't doubt there will be some new restaurants/fast food at this new plaza. It will be interesting to see what all else goes in there.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
What would you people like to see at this plaza?

I would like to see some banks, Arby's, grocery store, drug store., I will have to think more on this one.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Walmart was the ones that pushed for the new plaza. They wanted a super centre and Eastgate didn't have enough space for them to do that.

It will be interesting to see what will go in at Eastgate where Walmart is moving out of.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I wonder if Boston Pizza will go in at Confederation when it's finished. It's growing like crazy. I haven't tried there yet either. I have to watch my tomato intake due to the heartburn it gives me, but I do like Italian food.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I wonder if Boston Pizza will go in at Confederation when it's finished. It's growing like crazy. I haven't tried there yet either. I have to watch my tomato intake due to the heartburn it gives me, but I do like Italian food.
Isn't there a brand new one on Queenston? Little too close for another.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
After Walmart moves out of Eastgate Mall I wouldn't be surprised if Zellers on Queenston gets closed and it will re-open as Target at Eastgate Mall.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
yes i remember reading that target has bought zellers. the zellers at the center is awful...they are always sold out of sale items, even the first day.
Ive been to boston pizza twice & i didnt like it...very pricy & so-so food.
Id like to see arbys open somewhere..i think the closest one is limeridge mall. ;-(

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
So far Arbys didn't re-open at the Centre. I wish they would put one somewhere in the lower part. The only other Arbys is on Fairview I think in Burlington as well as Limeridge. And I wasn't that impressed with Boston Pizza either.

I haven't been by in a while but I wonder how far they have gotten with the Confederation plaza. They started building a while ago.

I've never been in Target but I was never impressed with Zellers even when it was Canadian owned.. When the time gets closer to the changes don't forget to eventually change over your club Z points to air miles. 2000 club z points is 1 air mile.

Last edited:

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Anyone hear when the new Walmart will be opening at Confederation Plaza?

As for Target, it's going in at Zellers at the Centre. There are still lots of vacant stores still open at the Centre. Plus I wonder what they will do with the huge empty space at Eastgate after Walmart moves out?

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
i was just wondering this...the walmart at eastgate is closed now, i hope something good takes its place. There are quite a few new stores at the old center mall, a tim hortons just opened on the kenelworth side & a "wing king" to open a few doors down.

click on "site plan".... http://www.redcliffrealty.com/leasing/property_highlights.cfm?property_PK=223

glad to hear walmart will be getting bus service to the new store.
its still a pain in the a$$ to get from one store to another (if you r walking) which is how i get around.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I hadn't been to Eastgate in a while so I didn't know it closed. I did notice that the new building was complete so I figured it would open soon at Confederation.

And yes the bus service to certain areas on the strip wasn't great in winters.

I think people still prefer the enclosed malls since as you mentioned, easier to get around especially in sloppy weather.

Thanks for that info SueSue. :)

I vote for an IMAX for Eastgate. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom