Corey Hotel

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I have been looking for a specific house, from long ago, but when I started using some maps to estimate some distances I hit right on his house. Anyone know who the owner is? How old the house is? The little house with electric blue truck in drive. Someone was a hold out. Those two townhouses and that one little property sitting there. Very interesting.
A Beach guy owns the house now and had it up for sale after he bought and did some upgrades. I don't know if it has sold in the last month or so.
The past owners were there for at least 50 years (Gainik?) and when the condos when being built she wasn't very well and had no interest in selling because she wanted to end her days there.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Well from what I could gather using a map, the length of a chain and a piece of paper and pencil I figured out yards to Robert Hall's house that came right to that little house, and to Thomas Campbell's property which worked out to the first street to the lake from the canal but on the bayside and to Morris Cory's property at South Park.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Well from what I could gather using a map, the length of a chain and a piece of paper and pencil I figured out yards to Robert Hall's house that came right to that little house, and to Thomas Campbell's property which worked out to the first street to the lake from the canal but on the bayside and to Morris Cory's property at South Park.
A little confusing for me, which map are you using? Frederick Corey is listed in the 1877 map but there aren't any side streets yet. The house named Sumerest is across from North Park and your old house was at the top of South Park.
I may combine these post with an earlier Corey house thread?

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Now I can't find it. Sure I gave it to you. It was the one on the wall at JB Museum and covered in plastic. I took it in about 3 pieces and put the back together. I'll try to find it again.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Now I can't find it. Sure I gave it to you. It was the one on the wall at JB Museum and covered in plastic. I took it in about 3 pieces and put the back together. I'll try to find it again.
Was that the one with the King's Head Inn in the wrong place?

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
No I don't think it was that one. It was in pieces and laminated with plastic and the plastic shines pinkish on the coloured map.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
You know the long map we pieced together and a 3 page write up comes with it naming the names and the fishing stations? Well when you get to the Corey property that is on the Lake and beside the open space down to Ann Sherbonne's house. On the Corey property on the Bay side is an L-shaped block and the mentions it is a hotel and the stable is across on the Beach.

Top Bottom