www.appleroses.com

Appleroses.com

Jul 24, 2011
appleroses.com
Hello everyone,

I am excited to let you know that my husband, myself & 7 children are the happy new owners of 538 Beach Blvd - previously known as Skyway Canvas. Some of you may have observed a little bit of action ... so if anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask ... :)

My name is Eileen and my husband is Jeff. We live in Flamborough and Jeff is the owner of Jef-Re Construction Svcs. We decided to invest in this property for the purpose of "fixing it up" and at the same time allowing me to have a shop to work out of since my small 'craft business' was starting to overtake our home....

I have been making Apple Roses for over 10 years and selling them at quite a few local places. I began putting them into arrangement and always received lots of positive feedback! I really enjoy doing this and do not make $ for my "time". It is a hobby I really enjoy and I get the most pleasure out of making something beautiful for others to enjoy as well.

The advantage for me is that I will be able to find a schedule which works for our family. I have always been a "stay at home mom" and now that my youngest child is beginning Gr. 1 in Sept. I look forward to spending more time with my "apple roses".

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask ... I probably will not tell you how I "perfected" the slicing, dying, drying etc but I will tell you that it took many years of practice!

please check out my website (still under some construction) at:

http://www.appleroses.com

ALSO, please if you have Facebook - look me up at www.facebook.com

MY USERNAME AT FACEBOOK IS : handcraftedappleroses

hope to meet some more of my neighbours soon.

ps: if you become a fan of my site, please could you let me know that you are a neighbour?

thanks! Eileen B.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Better late than never

Hi Eileen

I don't know how I missed this one:inn: great first post and welcome to the Beach, hope business does well down here.
Best of luck;
Scott

(BTW, nice new windows on the shop)

doubleJJ

Nov 19, 2005
Welcome to the neighbourhood appleroses...I am impressed with your renovations and look forward to learning more about your business

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
Hello Eilen
Applerose sounds like a neat creative idea, will check you out on facebook.
Really nice reno, look forward to coming into visit your shop.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
They have finally openned!

I stopped in to see Eileen and her new store today, there has been a slight change from the Appleroses concept to a more diverse business. The roses made from apples are still there along with a selection of collectables.
The business name has been changed to The Rustic Rose.
Best of luck to Eileen!

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
Cool little shop

So after viewing Scott photos, I stopped into to visit Eileen at Appleroses.
Scott pictures are great, but wow the shop has some unqiue goodies for sale.

If you get a chance I would highly recommend stopping in:tbu:

Appleroses.com

Jul 24, 2011
appleroses.com
wow Scott !!! beautiful pictures ... thank you so much. It is amazing for promotion :-D . We have had many neighbors dropping in - the feedback is wonderful. The shop is changing so much from week to week ... we now have a beautiful canoe from "down the road" hanging from the ceiling ...

Thank you to those for have posted ... I will have to check this site more often.

The apple roses are sliced, dyed, dried and glazed and people have been known to keep them for years.
Personally, I like them fresh - but then I take pride in making each rose and arrangement looking great.
I have been selling the roses for at least 10 years (mostly farm market stores, and have done a few weddings). I am hoping to do more weddings and perhaps birthday parties for girls ...
still a lot of dreams :-D

If you haven't come by yet, please do and make sure to sign the guest book :-D

Eileen and Jeff

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Cottage chic on the beach

By Kathy RenwaldContributing Columnist
Thu., Sept. 29, 2016

Article was updated Mar. 01, 2020

When people walk in to The Rustic Rose they can't get enough of the barn lanterns, weathered wood mallets, and peculiar tools. "Stuff that comes out of the barn or shop, that's what's trendy now," says Eileen Breukelman owner of the cottage nostalgia and decor store on the Hamilton Beach Strip.
Eileen and her husband Jeff opened The Rustic Rose five years ago, just as the Beach was entering a new residential growth spurt with high priced homes and condos. They bought the building at 538 Beach Boulevard because "the price was right" but were convinced they could never lose on a place so close to the water.
Nautical nostalgia was the first focus at the store with old wooden buoys and vintage life preservers snapped up by customers living on the Beach. As the collection grew, the couple kept their focus tight and the store curated with a specific vision. Beautiful old tools, vintage Le Creuset cookware, wooden butter and cheese boxes, fishing reels and cheerful picnic ware speak of a simpler time. What's striking about so many of the pieces is the colour, the oranges, blues, and sunflower yellow found on bicycles, tool handles, and old toys. "If people buy wood pieces I tell them not to refinish or paint, leave the original colour," Jeff says.
Read whole article;
https://www.thespec.com//life/fashion-style/2016/09/29/cottage-chic-on-the-beach.html

Top Bottom