Starsky Job Fair

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
It looks like it won't be much longer till they open.

I was looking at some of the cheeses they sell. Beer cheese and chocolate cheese I think I will pass on. I can't wait to check it out when it opens soon.

http://www.starskycanada.com/hamilton.php
Good to see that someone is hiring with so many people out of work right now, but they are going to be flooded with applications.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Especially with so many business closures in southern Ontario which left thousands out of work.

I was looking at their page yesterday and they are going to be selling much more then I thought they were going to. I would assume it will be sometime in April it will open if they are having the job fair on March 20th.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
On the site it said the grand opening will be in the late spring. Probably in May sometime.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I heard for Eastgate there will be a Winners, Old Navy and some smaller stores going in. And they are going to start that reno this summer sometime.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I saw a show on that recently Porky about them scamming people for money for jobs. And I agree with you Porky.

Last edited:

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
I was just talking with a hairdresser at the mall & they havent even started inside the old walmart..so im thinking LATE summer
.this starsky place kinda looks like denningers. Im looking forward to winners & old navy.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I was just talking with a hairdresser at the mall & they havent even started inside the old walmart..so im thinking LATE summer
.this starsky place kinda looks like denningers. Im looking forward to winners & old navy.
I drove by yesterday(Starsky's) and I couldn't believe the progress of the construction as compared to a couple of weeks ago. Shouldn't be too long.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I drove past it today and have they ever done a lot lately. They had also removed the work area fence around the property. I wouldn't doubt another week to 10 days and they will be finished.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I haven't been in it yet but talked to someone recently that she did. She said she was not impressed with the store and probably would never go back to it.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I haven't been in it yet but talked to someone recently that she did. She said she was not impressed with the store and probably would never go back to it.
Haven't in there yet, been told that it is a Springers, Salerno, Nardines and Denningers all in one. Not really lowest price compared to the others.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
I was there last wk...i thought it was a bit expensive, unless you are there for items on sale in the flyer. there must have been 30 people waiting at the deli counter. ;-( there is a little snack bar where u can sit & have a coffee.
dont think I'll be going back.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I was there last wk...i thought it was a bit expensive, unless you are there for items on sale in the flyer. there must have been 30 people waiting at the deli counter. ;-( there is a little snack bar where u can sit & have a coffee.
dont think I'll be going back.
I still have not made it there myself, I did hear that if you spent $10, you get a free large hotdog.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
does anyone know when the new stores in eastgate will be opening?
Black's left and with Walmart gone, I don't seem to visit there anymore. But with Christmas just around the corner you would think that it will be open as soon as possible. Costco already has Christmas stuff out.

Top Bottom