Pictures I found

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Gun Club

My grandfather is Les Drew. Front row second from left. I don't know anyone else but it might be interesting to see who else can be identified.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Ladies group

My grandmother (seated third from right) Hazel Drew belonged to a group on the Beach where she ran the bingo, knitted for WWII soldiers and sundry other things. The only other person I know is Phil Milligan (wife of Al) seated second from the right.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Cannon

Ladies sitting on cannon on the beach.

On cannon is Emily (Connolly) Lardie. Called Peggy.
Seated on left Elizabeth Connolly (Emily's mother)
Seated second from right is Gert Perry.

Dec 1, 2004
Longueuil, Quebec
Re: "School picture". I am sure that is Beach Bungalow school and there must be more than one class in the picture and more than one teacher. I wonder if the male teacher is Mr. Porter?

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Re: "School picture". I am sure that is Beach Bungalow school and there must be more than one class in the picture and more than one teacher. I wonder if the male teacher is Mr. Porter?
Keith;
(Just finding this thread now)
Is that not Bell Cairn School behind the students, but yes, there does seem to be a big age difference in the group?

Dec 1, 2004
Longueuil, Quebec
Yes, my mistake. It is Bell Cairn School. In my mind Beach Bungalow and Bell Cairn are one and the same. I started school in the old wooden structures (actually, in grade 1 I started in the old Masonic Lodge then graduated to the cottage then into the Bungalow School itself. I spent my last 5 years in the brick building.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
I didn't know which school it was. I knew my father went to Bell Cairn for a time. It is not a far stretch to think his sister did as well. I can't help with it.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Another interesting picture

Scott
Found this on Halnet. Says it is bayside Burlington Beach 1908. Now if this is the bayside it must be between the old outlet and the canal. The pictures of the north end of the beach show marshy growth north of the outlet. What has my attention is the old building in the background. HMMMM!

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Can't seem to find that picture on Halinet, but what a group of characters in that photo, notice there are no overweight people.
Anyway, if you look at the very left side of the picture, you can just see the short railing on a roof with a canopy hanging out.
The attached picture of Perry's shows a similar railing and the canopy is somewhat rolled up.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
There are many good pictures from Ross Taylor.

I have attached another picture that I picked up on eBay, another clue to compare to your find, look at the stable looking building that I have pointed out and check the building in the background on your pic, they look very similar to me. There is also a building to the right near the bay shore, on your pic, there is something there but it is just out of focus as the picture ends.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Great picture Scott but the building in your picture has the pointed end facing the canal. In the picture I put up the pointed end faces the bay.

Top Bottom