"Merry Cristmas"

Buckwheat

Mar 13, 2013
"Merry Cristmas" To all past and present Beach residents. Also I would like to take this opportunity to thank "Scotto" for all the work he has done for this fabulous site. Your comments and photography,are second to none. Thank you, Brian Simmons.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I was thinking about this the other day at Christmas time in the 60s this van would go slow up and down the streets playing carols on loud speakers. Did this van go on the beach strip area too back then?

I grew up in the Montgomery Park area.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
"Merry Cristmas" To all past and present Beach residents. Also I would like to take this opportunity to thank "Scotto" for all the work he has done for this fabulous site. Your comments and photography,are second to none. Thank you, Brian Simmons.
Thanks Brian;
It is a community Site and I do get a lot of help from very some knowledgeable people who contribute a great deal. Some are long time residents and others who have generations of information to send in or post. Also we have help on the Admin side from TC who we don't really hear much from on the regular boards, but has to put up with me when things go wrong.
So thanks to all.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I was thinking about this the other day at Christmas time in the 60s this van would go slow up and down the streets playing carols on loud speakers. Did this van go on the beach strip area too back then?

I grew up in the Montgomery Park area.
I don't remember a lot from the 60's, but I know we didn't have a Christmas carol truck driving up and down the strip, that I would of remembered.

Top Bottom