Happy Anniversary

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Happy Anniversary to the forum which is in it's tenth year, many thanks to all that have helped out along the way and to those who have sent in bits and pieces of Beach history over the years. Thanks to those who contribute on a daily basis, weekly or just once in a while, once again thank you.
A big thank you to our other admin (TC) that no one hears much from but is always keeping the place going.:celebrate :hb2:

RHammond

Oct 11, 2004
Happy Anniversary. Thanks Scott for all the great work you've done with this site on behalf of the Beach residents.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Good job Scott. It is a big commitment to keep a website going. When not working on my own it's a toss up between you and google where I spend my "extra" time.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Good job Scott. It is a big commitment to keep a website going. When not working on my own it's a toss up between you and google where I spend my "extra" time.
Thanks Peggy and it must be nice to have "extra time".:p
Thanks for all the added info that you have contributed over the years.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Ah but the Beach is one of two of my research interests. The other being The Plains which just happens to run up to The Beach.
I've been thinking about moving my Beach pages from the Saltfleet site to an area just dedicated to the Beach. That way I don't have to keep designating which side of the "boundry" I'm on. Wentworth or Halton. I have my outlet work, some War of 1812 stories, and a host of news articles. I have been gathering information on the people of the Beach. Old arrests, fights, naked bathing, buried bodies, and lots of colour for the Strip.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Ah but the Beach is one of two of my research interests. The other being The Plains which just happens to run up to The Beach.
I've been thinking about moving my Beach pages from the Saltfleet site to an area just dedicated to the Beach. That way I don't have to keep designating which side of the "boundry" I'm on. Wentworth or Halton. I have my outlet work, some War of 1812 stories, and a host of news articles. I have been gathering information on the people of the Beach. Old arrests, fights, naked bathing, buried bodies, and lots of colour for the Strip.
Didn't we have an old article about naked men doing exercises with "each other"?:p

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Didn't we have an old article about naked men doing exercises with "each other"?:p
You may have. What I have is complaints (can't remember now but I think it was Campbell complaining) about men coming to the canal to bath in the early evening. Problem being they were really "bathing" in the nude with ladies still walking around. Went so far as the powers that be in Hamilton had to set times and areas for bathing. Constable had to monitor it. Young men were not complying.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
You may have. What I have is complaints (can't remember now but I think it was Campbell complaining) about men coming to the canal to bath in the early evening. Problem being they were really "bathing" in the nude with ladies still walking around. Went so far as the powers that be in Hamilton had to set times and areas for bathing. Constable had to monitor it. Young men were not complying.
Now I found it and my mistake, they where playing leap frog in the nude:D Check the last article that was sent in by your friend Scott Forsythe of Winnipeg.

http://hamiltonbeachcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1866

Top Bottom