Winter 2014

Crawfish

Dec 1, 2004
Longueuil, Quebec
Wow! These are pics that we will be referring to in future years when the winters are not as cold as this one. The ice on the canal looks very inviting. At least it was until it was broken up by a tug.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Wow! These are pics that we will be referring to in future years when the winters are not as cold as this one. The ice on the canal looks very inviting. At least it was until it was broken up by a tug.
I don't know how they walked across the frozen canal for years and no stories of people falling through the ice. The birds don't seem to mind though.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Where exactly was the pic taken with all of the waterfowl?
That was taken at the canal, the two swans get into a sqawble and the rest are taking in the action.

Added;
Now that I look back at the pictures you must mean the one with a thousand birds in it, that was taken at the new Windermere Basin channel.

Last edited:

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Did the canal area freeze right up again this winter Scotto? It sure has been cold enough again that's for sure.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Did the canal area freeze right up again this winter Scotto? It sure has been cold enough again that's for sure.
I haven't been down there much this winter, but the few times I did, the canal wasn't completely covered like last year. There were a large amount of birds though and they keep moving, keeping some spots from freezing.

Top Bottom