Interesting Pics

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
David has also been sending me many of these from Brian Hanley's blog, these four are from the Hamilton Public Library.
The first two are of Fulham Cottage, I looked through my 1900's insurance maps and didn't see it listed there, it looks like many that were removed from the Burlington side, Brian writes that it was from Hamilton Beach though.

The next photo from Brian's blog is a house that has been well restored over the last decade at 913 Beach Blvd named the Moorings, the house beside it is also still standing.

The last house is also still standing and is located at 609 Beach Blvd, Holiday House.

From another thread;
609 Beach Blvd Then;(From "The Beach Strip" Cultural Landmarks of Hamilton)
"In 1905, a group of women from the Anglican Church founded the Girls' Friendly Society Holiday House. They provided accommodations on the Beach for girls and women needing rest or a change of air and surroundings. Most of these girls and women paid, but some were given free lodgings. The holiday house was quite popular initially, but had lost its appeal to young women by 1942 and was sold."
http://hamiltonbeachcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2549#post2549

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Owner made the site private so only invited people can view it now.
I don't see why this would happen, the blog was there for everyone to enjoy so I doubt that Brian would switch it to private. Maybe Jake has infested another website?

Those big old houses must have been so hot in the summers.
The main reason they built all these houses was to escape the summer heat of the city, it may of been hot but it would of been worst in the city.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
One can register for free for the site. I haven't at least yet. But I'm not sure if one can still view this site. Here is the link to register.

https://signup.wordpress.com/signup/?ref=wplogin
From I see from this link, you are signing up for Wordpress and I am already a member because we used parts of this service in our website. It's not to join Brian's blog, maybe it is just down?

Top Bottom