Turbo/Spur/DX/Rad's Place

shamsson

Jul 30, 2004
Near Atlanta, Georgia
How Depressing

I just saw the pictures of the demolished gas station. It looks so depressing. Lotsa memories of my childhood were formed there. The first time I rode a two-wheeler, My first lotta things.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Thanks to Shamsson :tbu: who sent this in today. It is a pic from inside the store/gas station that was beside the Dynes and was demolished this past summer as you can see in the earlier posts.

Hi Scotto,

My cousin sent me this picture of my dad when he had hair. This was taken circa 1978. The Pic has my dad, my grandma, his aunt and his little cousin (The little girl).

Attachments

jace

May 3, 2004
I live in East Hamilton
To Bad...

What a shame to see the ol' gas bar taken down. I can remember going in there to pick up bread and milk for my Nan who lived a couple doors down. Even as I got older it was common to sit on the curb or the cooler out front in the hot sun eating frozen LOLA's (the old frozen ice in the shape of a triangle) always purple.

I remeber Sham and I believe Dina after him. Mark Farnham pumped gas there for a while, as did Samantha Bradley. I use to fill up my mini bike for a couple days of riding with Yavick, Joe, Darcey and Farky from the pumps out front.

I wonder what Sham and or Dina are doing now? They were always nice to the kids on the strip.

Jace

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Hi Jace;
I also remember Marilyn Farnham pumping gas at Sham's. :D I'm sure Shamsson will update you on what his family has been doing as he is always around the forum. I believe that in an earlier post, Shamsson wrote that Sham was now living in Montreal, but not much more than that.
Scotto

Top Bottom