Grafitti on the beach trail

Sebastian

May 1, 2014
Beach Strip
Hey,

Just before May 24 I noticed there is quite a bit of graffiti on the beach trail (not the nice kind either, just tags and random vandalism like spraying over garbage bins and information boards).
I have never seen that here before. Seems it just couple random guys though (same red/black paint and style).

Sad to see that, especially after all the damage Hydro One did already :(

Sebastian

Sebastian

May 1, 2014
Beach Strip
I've seen some first by Locarno street entrance and log on the beach by the next entrance closer towards the lift bridge.
But they are pretty much all over the place. Sorry, I should have taken some pictures.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I've seen some first by Locarno street entrance and log on the beach by the next entrance closer towards the lift bridge.
But they are pretty much all over the place. Sorry, I should have taken some pictures.
Yesterday I took a walk along the Trial and found a few places with graffiti. I seen the log and there was some tagging at the exit to the beach near the log, but the one that concerned me was the City bathroom building near the canal. Crews have mostly clean it up but that is the vandalism that is completely uncalled for. Spray on the asphalt will eventually wear off, not on the walls of that building though.
I will see if there is more next time I am walking the Trail.

Sebastian

May 1, 2014
Beach Strip
I brought it to attention of our councilor Chad Collins, and he had the city to organize the cleanup.
I looked today, and all the red graffiti is now gone. I am very happy about that.

There is still some black graffiti left at the Locarno entrance, but the trail looks much better now.
20160628_192836.jpg

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I brought it to attention of our councilor Chad Collins, and he had the city to organize the cleanup.
I looked today, and all the red graffiti is now gone. I am very happy about that.

There is still some black graffiti left at the Locarno entrance, but the trail looks much better now.
View attachment 2945
Thanks for letting us know, I will try and get a look for myself. On another topic, the large log shown in my last post was placed there by City staff in a hope to control some of the erosion that took place over the winter. I am told Councillor Collins had some complaints about that as well.

Top Bottom