March (2017) Meetings

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The Beach Council is planning two community meetings in March, one is our regular monthly meeting and another to discuss the problem of cars being broken into. All meetings take place at the Beach Rescue Unit hall at 7pm and everyone is welcome to attend.

The March 7th meeting will discuss the on going issue of our vehicles being ransacked a couple time a year, the last time being last Monday in the early morning hours (Feb 20th), many resident found that their cars were accessed and anything of any value was taken. This included wallets, cash and a GPS unit.
Councillor Collins was informed and he sent the information to the Hamilton Police Services.
I received this reply;

Hello Scott,

Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention. As Crime Manager I appreciate being kept up to date on trends that occur within Division 2. I have completed a records management review of 'Theft from Auto' incidents between Feb 19 - 22. there were only 5 reported throughout the entire Division (East from Sherman Ave to the Niagara border including upper Stoney Creek). This indicates a low frequency of occurrence. It has been my experience that unfortunately many of these crimes go unreported. This is problematic on my end as I am unable to justify committing resources to an area without sufficient statistics to support. As Counsellor Collins points out, we encourage victims to report these incidents even if nothing is taken.

Please feel free to contact me if you like to discuss this further.

Regards,
Art

Sgt. Art Lenters #679
Crime Manager
Division 2
Hamilton Police Service
905-546-2949
alenters@hamiltonpolice.on.ca

Meeting #2 will be held on March 14 (7pm) and we will bring up community issues including a discussion on the Beach Neighbourhood Plan which was brought forward last meeting.

Opie

Staff member
Mar 1, 2017
The Beach Strip
Hi Scott
I got stuck at work and will not make it, can you share tonight's meeting minutes or send me anything you have.
thanks
Opie

Top Bottom