Path Complaints

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Some Beach residents have complained to the City about mini motorcycles on
the trail. Therefore, Police/City By-Law will be monitoring the Path over the next couple of weeks and will enforce the by-laws where they find someone is in contravention.
Keep in mind this would most likey apply to other by-law issues also such as dog leashes.

smr714

RIP July 1969-April, 2009
Mar 15, 2004
Beach Blvd.
www.neopets.com
Heck the worst offenders are the city employees in their carts. They are dangerous with thier own speed on the paths, especially later in the evening. And we cannot forget the service vechiles(hydro) that speed and are a meance to pedestrians.

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I'am over there all the time and don't see much of the City crew, timing I guess. I did see the Hydro tree removal service though. :bang: :mad: I would rather see speeding bikes on the Path than them.

smr714

RIP July 1969-April, 2009
Mar 15, 2004
Beach Blvd.
www.neopets.com
Dad said the hydro was speeding so fast they almost hit someone. I was outside last evening BBQing on the deck when on of the city carts came flying by, I was just glad no one was on the path with the eratic driving they were doing.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I was just over there with my dog (on a leash) and the City guy was working like a dog.
The Hydro guys are in a rush to get out of there because of complaints, which they should get. We have to pay (again) so everyone gets power.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
adamfrancis said:
Are electric powered things allowed on the path? (Besides a Car)!
I can't see a problem with electric powered type wheelchairs and scooters use by people with a disability, but something like an electric golf cart I don't think would be allowed.

Top Bottom