Dynes' Bands

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
If you haven't stopped by the Dynes lately, then you have been missing some pretty good bands that have been playing there. A couple of weeks ago I had a hard time finding a seat as the band Lost and Lazy had a huge following. This past weekend I stopped in to watch Current Affair who also drew a big crowd. This band also had some Beach members in it, past resident Gary Glenn's son was the guitarist.(photos by Greg Glenn attached)
Coming soon is another good one called Sarasin, this band has Beach resident R. Pye as one of their guitarist. There is no solid date yet for this show, but as soon as I get more info, I will pass it along.
Stop by the Dynes and hear some great tunes.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
sprintcar88h said:
What type music do they play? do any of the bands have a website to check em out?

:D
I was getting there, :D but good point. The Dynes has changed from the country music to rock and I didn't think that there was that many rock bands. I was wrong, there are other bands on tap, but Sarasin is the next one with a Beach guy playing. Check out their website-
www.sarasin.fanspace.com
"If you see only one drunkin rock band this year this is the one" -quoted from their site. :D

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Cellfish

I seen these guys a couple of months ago when the Dynes had just changed over to the new rock format. They were back last night and put on another great show playing Queen, Zepplin, Hendricks..... when they come back again, check them out. :tbu: :tbu: :tbu:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
BFD said:
I'm glad to see the change to the rock format. I'll stumble over there more often. Country just isn't really my thing.
Stumble over tonight and see the Led Zepplin tribute band Freedom Train. It is also Bike night, last week there wasn't a seat or a parking spot after 7pm, so get there early. :beer:

BFD

Mar 30, 2005
Burlington
I didn't get home until late but I heard the band from my house with the air conditioner on, and I live on Kirk Rd! The singer sounded pretty good. I wonder if people can hear me from the Dynes when I'm pounding on my drums or cranking my guitar.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Freedom Train

BDF, the people on Kirk must be deaf :D I stopped by last night also to have a listen, I didn't hear any Zepplin though(near the end) and didn't mind the one Johnny Cash song too much :eek: , but the rest was some really good tunes. :tbu: :tbu: :tbu:
The next band on Bike Night will be Night Hawk and they will playing on Wednesday, July 13th. See you there:apat:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Saltwater

Coming up on Canada Day (July 1st) will be Saltwater. I'm told that they are Bon Jovi cover band , but they play a bit everything and the drummer is from Glass Tiger. Start time is 6pm and runs until 10 pm, see you there. :celebrate

BFD

Mar 30, 2005
Burlington
I'm not the biggest Tragically Hip fan in the country but The Practically Hip are the best cover band of any artist I've seen. If my baseball finishes early enough that night I'll stop by.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
BFD said:
I'm not the biggest Tragically Hip fan in the country but The Practically Hip are the best cover band of any artist I've seen. If my baseball finishes early enough that night I'll stop by.
Even though they play alot around here, I have never seen them, I will have show up for that one. I believe that there will be tickets sold for the Hip show, so make sure you pick them up early.
Also, I stopped in yesterday at the Dynes to have a listen to Night Hawks, it was another great show. They played Pink Floyd, Chili Peppers.... :tbu: :tbu: :tbu: and the patio was packed again for the weekly Bike Night.

james 101

Jul 23, 2005
the smoke wagon blues band plays there from time to time great blues band if your into blues i have there web link but cant find it at this time when my buddy gets back from alaska i will post it he is getting married there his new wifes parents live on the beach strip

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
James;
I don't think the Dynes is playing anything much more than Rock since the format change. I did see Ronnie and the Rockets on the weekend for the car show and they played mostly 50's style rock to mesh with classic cars. I haven't heard any Blues bands at all lately, must of been awhile back.
(Attached, Ronnie and the Rockets)

BFD

Mar 30, 2005
Burlington
scotto said:
I have to agree, they did a great job. :tbu: :tbu: :tbu:
Unfortunately, by the time I showed up I was already three sheets to the wind and don't remember much of small amount of their performance I was there for.. I bet it was good, though.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
BFD said:
Unfortunately, by the time I showed up I was already three sheets to the wind and don't remember much of small amount of their performance I was there for.. I bet it was good, though.
I know, there is a 19th hole in every sport. :D You can catch them next time.
Up next at the Dynes is Dreemerz on August 1st for a return visit and Shakey D on the 5th.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
This was sent in by TT.

Hello Scotto,

Saw your ad for upcoming bands at the Dynes, I'm TT the drummer for KickbacK playing Aug. 19, maybe you've seen me, I've been cruising the strip for years in my '73 MG ragtop. The music Kickback plays ranges from Lenny Kravitz, Bon Jovi, Collective Soul, T. Hip, NoDoubt, Maroon 5, FeFe Dobson, Sheryl Crow, Pink etc... as you can see a good cross section, and the people get up and boogie, if you want to get a better look at the band, check us out at :
www.thoughtsinchaos.net/rb/KB some sections are still under construction, but shows some pix from previous shows; come on down on the 19th, I'm behind the skins.
Hope to see ya there !!

See you there.

Top Bottom