Just Energy

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
ive gotton 2 calls in the last 2 weeks, saying how i could save $$ if i just installed a new water tank. i dont know HOW they knew how old my water tank is but MY GOD THEY ARE PUSHY!!

i told her to send me info in the mail, theres NO WAY im agreeing to anything over the phone. soooo glad i have call blocking.
They are even more pushy at the door, I own my water heater so any story they come up with is BS.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I had another at my door tonight. As usual I closed on them before they could open their mouths. And they still kept knocking...rolling eyes. The name of the company was Energy Star.

By the looks of it they are trying to sell contracts for HVAC etc. Here is their link.

http://www.energy-starservices.com/

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
They were talking about this on one of the Niagara way radio stations I was listening to, the "energy" guy made it sound like he was with company you were aready dealing with and needed to check your furnace. It is mostly the old people that get taken it seems.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I had this strange person at my door last night. He asked me if I had signed up with this one going around lately. There was one that came to my door recently but they got the door slammed on them before I let him open his mouth. He said it's an American based company and stay away from them. I was then waiting for him to say "my company is Canadian and we have a great deal for you." Oddly enough he didn't do that. All he was doing was going around warning people of this other company. i can't remember the name he said though. Not often you see that happening.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I had this strange person at my door last night. He asked me if I had signed up with this one going around lately. There was one that came to my door recently but they got the door slammed on them before I let him open his mouth. He said it's an American based company and stay away from them. I was then waiting for him to say "my company is Canadian and we have a great deal for you." Oddly enough he didn't do that. All he was doing was going around warning people of this other company. i can't remember the name he said though. Not often you see that happening.
Yes stay away from both of them, I was listening to a radio commercial a couple days ago and the company said they don't go door to looking for customers (Reliance?) but remember them coming to my door.
You still need hot water and have to get it from somewhere.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
A New One

Had someone knocking on door today telling that they must test my water for contamination. He showed me a list credentials and when I told him I wasn't interested, he stated it wasn't about being interested or not, he had to test my water.
Then I just told him to leave.

They are selling water filters and don't let them in.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
That's what I figured they were doing. They came to my house 2 days ago. I told him I wasn't interested, he said ok and left.

I get so fed up with these people coming around. Usually when I see a tag on them. I slam the door on them before they have a chance to open their mouths.

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
That's what I figured they were doing. They came to my house 2 days ago. I told him I wasn't interested, he said ok and left.

I get so fed up with these people coming around. Usually when I see a tag on them. I slam the door on them before they have a chance to open their mouths.
It could be someone from the City checking the water, but they will have City identification. Your guy left a lot easier than mine.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip

It could be someone from the City checking the water, but they will have City identification. Your guy left a lot easier than mine.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I just came across this info on the Ontario Energy Group. If anyone has been swindled into their scam here is info if needed.

oeg and unfair practices
My name is John Robinson of JR Legal and I am fighting these unfair practices for a number of clients.
If you have been taken advantage of and want to know how to address the problem, email or call me at the contact information below:

jrobinsonlegal@gmail.com
416 763 9054

or visit my website at
www.jrlegal.ca

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
In the Spectator today;
Family stuck with $55,000 bill after ailing father signs door-to-door rental agreement .
And it was from the same company.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
They sure how to sucker people in. And it's usually the elderly.

When someone comes to my door wearing a tag they get the door slammed on them, usually before they have a chance to open their mouths.

And I read about that one in the paper the other day Scotto. A bunch of scam artists they are.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Hamilton Spectator
Oct 20, 2016

Hamilton city hall is warning residents about a local door-to-door scam by private contractors or individuals claiming to be city employees or affiliated with the city.

City staff say someone claiming to be associated with the city recently asked a homeowner to be let into the house to test for calcium in the water. However, the person was not a city employee.

Homeowners are being reminded that all city staff carry a City of Hamilton identification card, have some form of proper documentation, and wear a city uniform. The city typically only visits a home during an emergency situation such as a water main break that would disrupt water service to the home — or for a previously arranged appointment with a homeowner about a specific issue or complaint.

Property owners approached by unsolicited contractors or suspicious individuals claiming to be affiliated with the city should report the incident to Hamilton police, or the city at 905-546-2489.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6919995-city-warns-homeowners-of-door-to-door-scam/

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I watched a show on W5 recently about OEG. They are more evil then I thought. If one signs the contract without that person's knowledge they put a $14,000 lien on that person's house. It showed one man that wanted out of his contract and was told it will cost him $20,000 and had one week to come up with the money. I bet that show really opened up a lot of eyes how bad they can be.

Top Bottom