Falcons 2016

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
That's great news. Not sure how many downtown since Lily is so close to the camera to see very much. There is at least one. So nice to see the numbers growing. I wish they would put a camera on the bald eagle nest.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I don't think they know how many at the downtown nest. Lilly and Ossie chose a different ledge to nest which is too close to the camera.

That is quite a number at the bridge nest. We will have to wait till around Mother's Day to see what happens.

Lilymcc

Apr 15, 2004
Burlington
Anyone notice that there is a new female at the Lift Bridge. Black over Red band. Have been trying to read the bands so she can be identified. I guess we will never know what happened to Cirrus. That is probably the reason for the 3 eggs being removed.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Anyone notice that there is a new female at the Lift Bridge. Black over Red band. Have been trying to read the bands so she can be identified. I guess we will never know what happened to Cirrus. That is probably the reason for the 3 eggs being removed.
Good to hear from you again and I seen the report on the falcon site that there was a new female. Picked this picture up today, still two eggs and the female. I sent it to Mark Nash, so we should get something back soon on the identity of the new bird.

Attachments

Lilymcc

Apr 15, 2004
Burlington
Oh Scotto that is awesome. What a great shot. The mystery will now be solved.
Good to hear from you again and I seen the report on the falcon site that there was a new female. Picked this picture up today, still two eggs and the female. I sent it to Mark Nash, so we should get something back soon on the identity of the new bird.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Oh Scotto that is awesome. What a great shot. The mystery will now be solved.
From the falcon site;
"Black over red 68/U band with a silver USFW. She is Jo from the Macomb County nest site in Michigan hatched in 2014 to Nick and Hathor. What is quite exciting is that her father, Nick, is the offspring of Miriam, a 2003 release in Richmond Hill conducted by the CPF."

But the find is kind of meaning less as the pair are down to one egg and offspring this year is highly unlikely. Attached is a picture from last Sunday showing the last egg.

Attachments

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
And nothing at the Stoney Creek quarry nest either. I think it was Athena the female from that nest flew into something last year and died from her injuries. So all we got from our area this year was Ancaster. Let's hope things go well for her.

Top Bottom