2007 Around the Bay Road Race

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
On Sunday March 25th 2007 the Hamilton Around the Bay 30k Road Race will have over seven thousand runners running through our community and over the Burlington Canal Lift Bridge in the oldest road race in North America ... the Around the Bay Road Race.

Each year the Around the Bay Road Race has grown and is now one of the largest, historical races in Canada. This year will be a record year with over seven thousand participants from all over Canada and the United States.

Just as I have had done over the last few years, please be remined that delays are be expected from 10:00am to 11:30am or until the race has pasted the Beach Strip.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Just a quick reminder for this weekend, the weather forcast is looking very good and the race is completely sold out.
So again, give yourself a lot of extra time if you want to get onto and off the Beach during the race.
Scotto

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Another Round the Bay Race is on the books and winner once again is from Kenya, Simon Njoroje. (Photo #1)
I have watch these races for many years and have never seen this many participants, for as far as the eye could see there were runners taking up the whole northbound lane along Beach Blvd. I can guess a one point that the Beach was completely full of runners from one end to the other.

The race ran through Hamilton and Burlington, but some of the highlights from the Beach part of the track was crowd down near 285 Beach Blvd who call themselves "Tin Pan Alley". Every year they take in the whole race and encourage the runners by pounding on pans with wooden spoons, the runners thanked them as they ran by.
Resident Mike Emiglio was out early setting up a big sign for a friend of his from work. He told her he would have a couple of oranges ready for her when she ran by, but she ran up to great big sign that read "Run Ingrid Run".(Photo #2 & 3).
One of the later runners, well he was a walker, was resident and Beach Council member Jim Howlett, I made sure the ambulance was right beside him when I took the picture as if it was following him around.
Congrats to race organizers on such a successful year and thanks for the free shirt.(lol)

Run1.jpg
Run.jpg
Mike.JPG
Ingrid.jpg

Attachments

Top Bottom