2010 Around the Bay Road Race

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
This year's race will take place March 28th. Beach Blvd will have traffic restrictions between 10 am and 1 pm. And keep an eye out for all the runners training until race day, they are out most days now.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
It's usually the Africans that win. In my dreams I can run that course in over one hour. Which is about how long it takes for them.

This race is older then the Boston Marathon. :)

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
It's usually the Africans that win. In my dreams I can run that course in over one hour. Which is about how long it takes for them.

This race is older then the Boston Marathon. :)
I believe it is the oldest road race in North America and yes the winner is usually from Kenya.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Wasn't this the most ever?

Where was the 3rd pic taken?

Glad I didn't have to go out and been stuck with that crowd of people. Walking is ok too. :)

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Wasn't this the most ever?

Where was the 3rd pic taken?

Glad I didn't have to go out and been stuck with that crowd of people. Walking is ok too. :)
Try moving off or onto the Beach, what a pain. But the race does add a lot of money to our city, so there is a bright side.
And yes, the race was sold out a long time ago. From what I read in the Spec it was the biggest crowd yet. (Good for the organizers)

The last pic was taken from near the Lift Bridge like the other two, a little longer lens for that one.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I couldn't imagine going around the beach area during race day. I remember one year a friend from Toronto was coming to visit me and I couldn't understand why he was so late. Needless to say he got caught in the closures along the way. :)

Those buildings didn't look familiar to me on the 3rd pic.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I couldn't imagine going around the beach area during race day. I remember one year a friend from Toronto was coming to visit me and I couldn't understand why he was so late. Needless to say he got caught in the closures along the way. :)

Those buildings didn't look familiar to me on the 3rd pic.
Just not a real good picture....
Yes it does get a little crowded and traffic is shut down, but it is no where near the crowd and traffic compared to the Garage Sale. And it seems to get worst every year.

Top Bottom