2010 Beach Garage Sale

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
DOES anyone know the date of this years yard sale?
This year's Garage Sale, as in past years, will be held on the second Sunday in July. So that would be July 11th this year.
If you are planning to sell food, you must get a permit from the Health Dept.
If you require more information, please ask.

bill

May 14, 2005
Hey Scotto, are you going to be around that weekend, thinking about dropping by. I might want to buy your old 1970's hamilton beach mixer....

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Hey Scotto, are you going to be around that weekend, thinking about dropping by. I might want to buy your old 1970's hamilton beach mixer....
Bill;
I will be on nightshift, but around. And my mixer is not for sale....
Coming all that way just for the garage sale??

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
I was just coming to post a reminder about the garage sale. LOL
Jim Lomax just called me and asked if I could post on the internet. I posted it on Kijiji.
He will be having a garage sale out in the back warehouse. But it will be just personal things. As he has Retired from Operation Santa Clause. :(

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I was just coming to post a reminder about the garage sale. LOL
Jim Lomax just called me and asked if I could post on the internet. I posted it on Kijiji.
He will be having a garage sale out in the back warehouse. But it will be just personal things. As he has Retired from Operation Santa Clause. :(
I just stopped by his house to pick up a fax, yes Operation Santa Clause is finished for Jimmy. I will try and answer any question that are directed his way. (He doesn't own a computer and therefore he doesn't have e-mail)

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
Just wondering if anyone will be out on saterday (as well as ) sunday?
Hubby & me always go but he may have to work sunday.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Can I sell me at the sale? I come housetrained and I'm already fixed. LOL

The pain killers are working good today.

mvdleden

Jul 9, 2010
Hi - Thanks for the update -We were looking for confirmation and searching the net and found this website!!! Wonderful. We live on the beach ....getting our stuff ready for Sunday.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Can I sell me at the sale? I come housetrained and I'm already fixed. LOL

The pain killers are working good today.
They seem to working very well:p

Hi - Thanks for the update -We were looking for confirmation and searching the net and found this website!!! Wonderful. We live on the beach ....getting our stuff ready for Sunday.
Make sure you say to guy with the camera....
And welcome to the Beach Forum:tbu:

so whos gonna let that greasy guy from brantford sell hotdogs on their lawn this year:crazy18:
Is your permit all in order, don't want the meanies from the Health Dept. getting all mad with you? A friend of mine will selling hotdogs near the new condos on the bayside and there is still OscarMikes near the canal. Might have to have two hotdogs that day.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
Well, we got there at 8;am.....certainly early enough to get a good parking spot?....WRONG :crazy18:

we finally found one in the middle...we walked for almost 4 hrs. I ended up buying about 6 DVD's & 2 game cube games for my friends son. It was fun but i thought last yrs sale had ALOT more to choose from.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Well, we got there at 8;am.....certainly early enough to get a good parking spot?....WRONG :crazy18:

we finally found one in the middle...we walked for almost 4 hrs. I ended up buying about 6 DVD's & 2 game cube games for my friends son. It was fun but i thought last yrs sale had ALOT more to choose from.
You hit a couple of points, there were a lot less people there. IMO, there was zero advertising because Jimmy Lomax wasn't on the airwaves and the newspaper letting everyone know about the sale. I drove through about 8am and it was fairly busy and rode my bike later on. I had a word with some of the vendors who decided it was better for sales if they blocked parking in front on their stand.
They come to our Beach, free of charge and take over an empty lot. Then place cones along the road so no one can park. What would happen if everyone did that? The one fella told me that Beach Rescue instructed him to do so, when I told him that he was full of crap, he wouldn't talk to me anymore. This guy has done the same thing for three years now.
On another note, there was another huge mess left behind which our tax dollars will have to clean up, but it was good to see many of the Beach crowd and some of new residents from the condo projects were joining in this year.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
scotto, i recognized a few sellers from Hagglers flea market on barton st east trying to sell thier 'crap"...lol
totally agree about the parking cones, Maybe they should require a permit to sell there next yr?
Maybe someone could help organize it a bit better if it is to continue? i always enjoy myself even if i dont find anything outstanding, i love looking at the beautiful homes & the friendlyness of the community is something i wish my street had.~

I was amazed at all the new townhomes that have been built. I have alot of great memories of the beachstrip.
;-)

Top Bottom