scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
From the May, 2007 Beach Banner.
DATE-Sunday July 8th 2007
RAINDATE- Sunday July 15th 2007
You will need a Board of Health permit if you intend to sell food. I have some at 924 Beach Blvd. Fill them out and mail them in with your money at least 2-3 weeks before the event. Remember-pick up all your garbage after the sale The By-Law officers will be down enforcing the laws.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Another year and another Garage Sale, I don't think there was as many people as there as was in past years. It could of been the weather, it was very hot and humid in the morning and then it turned to rain. It didn't rain enough to send most of the venders homes, but I'm sure it kept many of the regular customers away.

With the Dynes closed it was also a good chance to meet up with all our friends that we don't see much of anymore. Everyone seemed to be out even if they were not selling.:celebrate
It was still a big line up of cars from one end of the beach to other.
There was a Blue Grass playing on Bayside Ave and pony rides at the Dynes empty lot.
And like past years there was a big mess left after everyone had left, helping out was Bitumar, who had placed trash can up and down the whole strip, good for them.
With more and more of the empty lots being filled in with new homes, it is getting a little more crowded each and every year and I see that some are now setting up in front of homes without even asking the owners, I guess we will have to look into that.

Top Bottom