Anyone have any knowledge of personal injury law.

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
Well then pick a bar, I'm sure a few friends new and old will show up.lol
Sorry I did not read this yesterday my friend is a legal sec for personal injury.
I hope you are well healed and all is well now.

smr714

RIP July 1969-April, 2009
Mar 15, 2004
Beach Blvd.
www.neopets.com
Back in January/05 I slipped and fell at an Esso Gas station in Toronto (on a clear day) broke my wrist and 2 places in the elbow. I feel it daily especially when it is damp.

2005 was not a good year for me.... I also was in a MVA that summer and had a very serious compound fracture of the ankle with complications. I am left now needing a cane/walker for longer distances walking. Until that year I had never broken a bone or had a serious injury.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Ouch that must of hurt (X2), it will be very difficult to get employment when you are in that state and like the rest of us you still have bills to pay. Hope you did well in your settlement.

smr714

RIP July 1969-April, 2009
Mar 15, 2004
Beach Blvd.
www.neopets.com
Actually my employer has been good, they have to be with the Human Rights code and the Duty to Accomodate people with disabilities. They even moved my office to a lower floor when they had an opportunity to assist me in cases of emergency and stairs. It also helps I work in a department that assists my union's members in cases where they need accomodation and the employers are dragging their heels. Most people don't realize what rights they have when situations like these arise.

The wrist injury I had no time off of work, they just adjusted my dutes, and the second one I was on the insurance from work, so it all worked out pretty well.

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
That is good to know that your employer has helped accomodate you. As for your statement of people not knowing their rights is an understatement. I am a strong and proud union member.Local 879 Teamsters. I have been to alot of conferences on how to use and exercise OUR rights. I won't go on and on as this is a Hot topic for me. Not a forum to start a debate.lol
On a good note you had two Victories this week, your settlement and I see the Leafs won a game.
Go Leafs Go

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Actually my employer has been good, they have to be with the Human Rights code and the Duty to Accomodate people with disabilities. They even moved my office to a lower floor when they had an opportunity to assist me in cases of emergency and stairs. It also helps I work in a department that assists my union's members in cases where they need accomodation and the employers are dragging their heels. Most people don't realize what rights they have when situations like these arise.

The wrist injury I had no time off of work, they just adjusted my dutes, and the second one I was on the insurance from work, so it all worked out pretty well.
smr;
Sounds like you have one of the better employers, many will go out of their way to remove the position or use the old "no longer suitable" excuse. Good for them! Union or no Union it is a hard fight to get your job back when you have been let go and your employer has made sure that they have documented a paper trail.

BTW I think Waterlilly is picking on our Leafs.:D

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
smr;
Sounds like you have one of the better employers, many will go out of their way to remove the position or use the old "no longer suitable" excuse. Good for them! Union or no Union it is a hard fight to get your job back when you have been let go and your employer has made sure that they have documented a paper trail.

BTW I think Waterlilly is picking on our Leafs.:D
No that not true I been a leaf fan since I could say Clear the Track here
comes Shack.
Eddy Shack leaf fan yes I am.lol

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
No that not true I been a leaf fan since I could say Clear the Track here
comes Shack.
Eddy Shack leaf fan yes I am.lol
Yes I'am also, until Hamilton gets a team anyway. Which won't be any time soon thanks to Bettman,(right around the time the Leafs win their next cup lol) another thread that could go on and on.
And I do remember Eddy and his pop (Shop) commercials.

Top Bottom