Beach Clean UP

varsr

Aug 18, 2007
I was thinking of putting out a flyer and suggesting anyone around on Sunday - beach clean up - pile up some of the wood and maybe do some raking. It is going to be huge undertaking - such a mess. i\If everyone does there little strip of the beach it would help get it back into shape. Our crew are doing a good job but such a mess. Any feedback on the idea? Maybe a BBQ afterwards?

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I was thinking of putting out a flyer and suggesting anyone around on Sunday - beach clean up - pile up some of the wood and maybe do some raking. It is going to be huge undertaking - such a mess. i\If everyone does there little strip of the beach it would help get it back into shape. Our crew are doing a good job but such a mess. Any feedback on the idea? Maybe a BBQ afterwards?
Didn't we just have a Beach clean-up about a month ago and I believe there was BBQ after at the Rescue Unit?
I was talking to one the guys from the City clean up crew and he was telling me that they can not keep up. They started cleaning the beach from both ends of the strip, another storm would come and just create another mess behind them.
He added that they would need at least three week of good weather to really make a dent into a proper clean up.
Might be a good thing to try as I have had many emails about the garbage that has washed up.

varsr

Aug 18, 2007
We did Scotto but all of this drift wood has come up since - neighbours who have lived down here for 30+ years have said they have never seen it like this. Just thought a joint effort to gather the wood into piles may help expedite the clean up. Will see what I come up with.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
We did Scotto but all of this drift wood has come up since - neighbours who have lived down here for 30+ years have said they have never seen it like this. Just thought a joint effort to gather the wood into piles may help expedite the clean up. Will see what I come up with.
About four or five years ago we had quite a bit wash a shore in the spring, but I don't think there was much after that. So any sections that were clean pretty well stayed that way, not this year.
I do see many piles of driftwood scattered along the Beach in many places, so the crew are working hard to get the big stuff cleared, but there is just so much of it.
Best of luck!:tbu:

Top Bottom