Beach litter

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
From today's Spec, ouch

Beach litter had a dead goose, dead weasel ...
By Cris Schryer, Hamilton
(Jul 20, 2005)
My husband and I recently moved here from Sault Ste. Marie, Ont.

My daughter and her family are here for a visit and yesterday we all went to Van Wagner's beach for a swim.

To say the least, we were all thoroughly disgusted!

There was a dead goose, dead fish and a dead weasel ... to say nothing of the garbage from one end of the beach to the other.

At Hutch's we counted 11 garbage cans around the parking lot, but not one down at the beach.

Even my six-year-old grandson said it was disgusting.

Can the city not hire people in the summer to keep the beach clean and respectable and place garbage cans so people have somewhere to put their garbage?

JoelsAngel

Jul 12, 2005
The Hamilton Strip is disgusting!! yes pollution is a major issue but if the beach was kept after and cleaned on a regular basis....it wouldn't be as bad!! Also it might help some of the pollution!!!!!!! Doesn't the government get it yet!!!!!

shamsson

Jul 30, 2004
Near Atlanta, Georgia
How about inmates doing some work

Down in Georgia and other parts of the US, I noticed a lot of prisoners who were cleaning the side of highways. Why not line up a bunch of prisoners and make them clean up the beach and other parts of Hamilton?

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
Inmates helped with the School when they were re doing it for the training centre.

Let me just say, living across from where they were working was SOOOOO uncomfortable. I couldn't evenwalk out my front door without some kind of comment. And then seeing police and guards watching all the time. It was pretty freaky.

Top Bottom