Beach Pictures

S Fisher Family

Sep 1, 2004
Burlington
I was just glancing through the beach pictures gallery and I saw a familiar one. In the Beach Pictures Gallery picture # 54 from the Hamilton Spec archives in May 1973. The street is my street where I grew up, Comet Avenue and that is my Dad in our old light blue station Wagon. Wow I totally forgot about that picture.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Thats going back to the years when the sidestreets would really flood, haven't seen much of that since then. Now when the lake level gets gets up a bit, the City will pump out the ends, but it's not like back then. You can also see the QEW at the end of the street in that picture also, no fence and no barrier.

http://www.hamiltonbeachcommunity.com/gallery/BeachPictures/Specmay73
There is also a similar picture on one of the info posts next to the path near Killarney Ave (I think it was there).

I was just glancing through the beach pictures gallery and I saw a familiar one. In the Beach Pictures Gallery picture # 54 from the Hamilton Spec archives in May 1973. The street is my street where I grew up, Comet Avenue and that is my Dad in our old light blue station Wagon. Wow I totally forgot about that picture.
Iam Not sure if this is the correct Sue Fisher who also had a sister named Pat ,I think memory gone, but my friend a long time ago lived on Comet where I used to hang out, but I lived on Clare ave 2 street over toward the school, My name is Gary Brink and if this is my friend I would love to say hello, Iam a member of HBC
<gbrink101@rogers.com>, Ive also sent some one with the same name from classmates.com a few messages. If Not sorry to bother you...............

JManCan

Aug 15, 2008
it's a little late in the threat but I just wanted to add to Scott's post about the streets flooding back in the 70's. This is bad I know now, but we were kids. We lived on Arden Avenue and in the Spring we went smelting once and took all the fish to the end of the street in hopes of stocking Arden Avenue with Smelts. They all disappeared.

That same picture of the Fisher's station wagon is along the path along the lake.

Top Bottom