Beach Rd. real estate?

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
:eek:

we plan on moving in a few yrs & was gonna check out the real estate on beach rd..but i cannot figure out how to view any listings on-line?

are there no homes for sale right now? I tried mls.ca , remax. ae lapage..etc.
anywho..im just curious as to what homes are going for on the "lakeside"..probably Out of my price range.
Ive always wanted to live near water & still be close to the city.
any suggestions?

rorush

RIP March 21, 1973 - February 07, 2010
Mar 3, 2004
Beach
if you use mls.ca click the red area above and a new beta type of mls will open up there choose ontario and then zoom in on beach blvd area one on woodland 448,800 or something one down further listed on privaterealestate.ca 359,000

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
:eek:

we plan on moving in a few yrs & was gonna check out the real estate on beach rd..but i cannot figure out how to view any listings on-line?

are there no homes for sale right now? I tried mls.ca , remax. ae lapage..etc.
anywho..im just curious as to what homes are going for on the "lakeside"..probably Out of my price range.
Ive always wanted to live near water & still be close to the city.
any suggestions?
Sue;
Hope you have deep pockets, because the taxes are enough to scare most away from the lakeside, it's just as nice on the other side(of the tracks) and the taxes are much lower, for now anyway.
There some condos starting soon near the canal, they should be nice.

Gaelic

Apr 15, 2008
I knew there was - because hubby and I searched the area for about two years before we bought this spring.

We did figure out (quickly) that there is a huge variance in prices in the neighborhood, as well as quality ;)

Newer, big, former tear downs on the lake side will cost you a pretty penny - both in purchase price, and taxes. Walk 200 feet over the road and your taxes drop dramatically and there are some lovely little homes in a lower price range.

We figured that since there is a trail separating the houses on the lake side from the beach anyway that the extra 200 feet would not kill us.

Though sometimes driving to work at 6am we see the sunrise and think that must be spectacular from a 2nd story window on the beach!

But who am I kidding - no way I'd be awake at 6am on my day off ;)

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Newer, big, former tear downs on the lake side will cost you a pretty penny - both in purchase price, and taxes. Walk 200 feet over the road and your taxes drop dramatically and there are some lovely little homes in a lower price range.
There are still many lots to get filled in, all of which will be brand new homes.
I guess we will have to wait and see what that will do to our taxes. Some how I think they will go up.

Yes, it is getting very costly to live on the lakeside.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
if you use mls.ca click the red area above and a new beta type of mls will open up there choose ontario and then zoom in on beach blvd area one on woodland 448,800 or something one down further listed on privaterealestate.ca 359,000
thanks..i never knew to do that~
homes are more than i thought. we'll probably stay in the east end, but it cant hurt to look~~

BFD

Mar 30, 2005
Burlington
Mine might be up for sale in a year or so. On the bayside, private and much less expensive than the lakeside even though I can throw a baseball into the lake form my house.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
we have seen a few homes for sale...like you all said...way too expensive on the lake side. & the ones that were resonable...were much older homes..thats something we DONT want. house we have now is 90 yrs old & theres always something to fix.
It will have to wait anyway..hubbys hrs at work are cut way down.
;-)

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
we have seen a few homes for sale...like you all said...way too expensive on the lake side. & the ones that were resonable...were much older homes..thats something we DONT want. house we have now is 90 yrs old & theres always something to fix.
It will have to wait anyway..hubbys hrs at work are cut way down.
;-)
To me, it doesn't matter how reasonable the lakeside ones may be, the taxes are still too high.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
I just noticed a large group of townhouses/condos while at the huge street sale on the wkend & oh my ....the highway seemed so loud...i dont think i could sleep with that noise, but i guess it doesnt bother most people? I am a lite sleeper..lol
yup, its out of our price range anyway.

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
I grew up where the new town houses where built. The highway is quieter with the dirt hill there, then it was when I was a kid and the highway access was right where the homes are now. You get used to it. Well, I lived there from the time I was born until I got married. When I moved, OMG, I had such a hard time sleeping because it was "to quiet"

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
Oh i can totallly understand that. my hubby can fall asleep with the TV on...i need TOTAL SILENCE, even a clock ticking drives me insane...lol
we are opposites. ;-(

Top Bottom