car parts on road

adamfrancis

Jan 13, 2005
right on the beach
i would like to know if jim howlett is still involved on the beach preservation committee because last night he towed a vehicle across the beach when the rear axle came loose in the vehicle he was towing and he got out and checked it then proceeded across the beach dragging this vehicle with the axle sparking behind and there was large springs and steel parts falling off along the beach that other cars came along and hit these were very large parts he could have done some serious damage to other vehicles and i can imagine what may have happened if a motorcycle would have come along what might have happened and this is a guy who is on the preservatin committee then he dident even come back and check too see what had fallen off what were you thinking!!!!!!

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I asked Mr. Howlett about this and yes he has tried three times to remove an old pick-up for scrap, but everytime something has gone wrong along the way. He tried again yesterday, but had to return because of the rear end. He didn't know about the loss of parts on route, but was told by a neighbor a short time later, he then went back and picked up what he accidentally dropped.
Scotto

Top Bottom