Cellphone Reception

Sebastian

May 1, 2014
Beach Strip
Hi there,

I've been living in the area for six months now, I could not help but notice that my cellphone reception (I am with Fido) is pretty bad. Not a very big deal, but still I was wondering, is it all the networks that are fairly weak in the area - or there are some providers that work pretty well around here? Maybe it is time to switch :)

Thanks,
Sebastian Kozlowski

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
This topic was brought up at the last Beach meeting, it seemed everyone had a different opinion. Some thought it was some areas of the Beach that had poor reception and others thought it was the company.
I use to have a cheap plan with one company (Forget which, Mobile?) and the phone would constantly be poor no matter where I was, I switched to the Rogers network and I don't have any reception issues any more. Actually it is pay as you go from 7-11 but they use the Rogers network.

maggie

Sep 25, 2014
Hi, I used to belong to Koo Doo and they said the cell phone reception was bad because we are situated between two bodies of water. I got the Telus pay as you go and have had no problems since

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Hi, I used to belong to Koo Doo and they said the cell phone reception was bad because we are situated between two bodies of water. I got the Telus pay as you go and have had no problems since
So the Koo Doo phone is useless out on the lake? Many boater use their cellphones as communication out there instead of the VHF radio and *16 on a cell is the direct line to the Coast Guard.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I was just at the mall where I bought my first pay as you go phone, thought it was Mobile but it was Koo Doo, I got rid of them pretty quick as the reception was poor everywhere, not just the Beach.

Sebastian

May 1, 2014
Beach Strip
This topic was brought up at the last Beach meeting, it seemed everyone had a different opinion. Some thought it was some areas of the Beach that had poor reception and others thought it was the company.
I use to have a cheap plan with one company (Forget which, Mobile?) and the phone would constantly be poor no matter where I was, I switched to the Rogers network and I don't have any reception issues any more. Actually it is pay as you go from 7-11 but they use the Rogers network.
Thanks for the info - Good to know.
Seems like Koodo is out then :)

I did not realize there were Beach meeting happenings, could you tell me more about that?

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Thanks for the info - Good to know.
Seems like Koodo is out then :)

I did not realize there were Beach meeting happenings, could you tell me more about that?
Council meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.
(excluding July, August, January) at the Beach Rescue Hall at 316
Beach Blvd, unless otherwise noted. The meetings are open to all
residents.

Top Bottom