Changing Your Avatar

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
How can we upload our own picture for an avatar? All of the default ones, save a few are sports related, and I'm not a sports guy in any way whatsoever.
In the menu bar above, click on "User CP", then on the right you will see "edit Avatar", click on that.

Use the "Browse" button to chose an Av from your computer and make sure you have "Use Custom Avatar" selected.

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 120 by 120 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."

If you can't find a good Av or can't load one, let me know.

rprouse

Nov 10, 2009
Beach Blvd
I see the same as Sharla.

From the vBulletin site, here are a few of the board settings you might want to look at, but it is probably the second is different for admins than for users.

First, go through the options:

Overal usage of Avatars

Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options

Here you can set the overal usage of avatars. If you want users to use avatars, turn it on here. If you want only certain usergroups to use avatars, still turn this on.

Custom Avatars

Admin Control Panel > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Edit Usergroup Permissions

Here you can set on a per usergroup basis the permissions to use custom avatars and if so, which sizes, etc. If you only want certain usergroups to use avatars, set their permissions to yes here so they can upload their own custom avatars.

Regular (Default) Avatars

Admin Control Panel > Avatars > Avatar Manager > Edit Avatar Permissions

Here you can edit the permissions for avatars per avatar category for usergroups. If you only want certain usergroups to use the default avatars (and only certain categories), you can set this here.

Hopefully that helps!

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
That's odd, I have checked the permissions in Admin section and everything is on.
I will have to check further into it.

Added;
Rob, I am in there now looking and as I wrote above, all items are checked "yes".

Last edited:

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
There used to be a flower shop on the mountain years ago that used to make these. I used to buy them for friends for gifts but it closed a long time ago unfortunately.

Top Bottom