Dean's Hardware

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
shamsson said:
Wasn't Deans Hardware owned by Mr. Dean? The man who lived next to the Wheelers? I never really got to know Mr. dean because I rarely saw him. But he had a nice house from the front.
I never knew him, aleast you remember the store. :D

rorush

RIP March 21, 1973 - February 07, 2010
Mar 3, 2004
Beach
The Hardware store was owned by Clarence Dean and they lived at the hardware store until they sold it and moved to 307 Beach Blvd next to the wheelers, and now their granddaughter Nancy lives there still beside the Wheelers

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Crawfish said:
I remember Dean's Hardware and I think it was close to a grocery owned by an Italian family named Crechiola (spelling uncertain).
Hi Crawfish;
Well, there's a new one. I will have to ask around about that and see if we can find a picture that store.
At one time there use to be a lot of stores down here, now there is only one.

RHammond

Oct 11, 2004
Scotto:

You have a photo of the old store in the Beach houses circa 1980 gallery of photos. The sign reads Beach Variety, and the photo was taken not long before the building was torn down. You can see that the windows are painted over and the store was a couple of doors down from Dean's Hardware.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
RHammond said:
Scotto:

You have a photo of the old store in the Beach houses circa 1980 gallery of photos. The sign reads Beach Variety, and the photo was taken not long before the building was torn down. You can see that the windows are painted over and the store was a couple of doors down from Dean's Hardware.
RHammond;
So, the store Crawfish is talking about was Beach Variety. Here is a link to that pic.
Thanks, Scotto
http://www.hamiltonbeachcommunity.com/gallery/BeachHouses1980/80155_G?full=1

Crawfish

Dec 1, 2004
Longueuil, Quebec
I think that must be the building but when I knew it the name was not Beach Variety. I don't remember exactly what the name was but I suspect it might have borne the name Crechiola in some form.
According to the 411 service there are 4 Crechiolas listed in Hamilton. Chances are they are all related because it is not exactly a common name.

Top Bottom