Do you go to the beach?

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
Just curious...how often do you visit the beach? do you take walks along the shore...do you avoid it during holidays as the crowds are insane. :crazy18:

are there any favorite areas you like. I havent been since last canada day wkend...it was just so crowded i try to avoid that now, plus im getting older & cant handle the sun for very long.

But id like to go back & find a nice "Quiet" area, maybe somewhere between beachway park & burlington park.

:wavey:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Hi Sue;
I don't go over to the beach that often, usually just to take a picture of something.
The Burlington side seems to be crowded most of the time and not much in the way of parking due to the crowds.
Most of the Hamilton side still isn't cleaned up yet, so I wouldn't want to hang around in that mess.
The section near Dieppe park is nice, there are some small trees there that give some shade and not too many people. I drove by Confederation yesterday (a Monday) and the cars were parked all along the side of the road all the way up to the go-karts. Very crowded for a Monday.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
scotto...do you know if hamilton will EVER clean the beach like the burlington side? if they did I would go alot more often. they should do it near Hutches.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
scotto...do you know if hamilton will EVER clean the beach like the burlington side? if they did I would go alot more often. they should do it near Hutches.
Sue;
Yes Hamilton does clean the beach, they are hard at it everyday. However it is no where near done, the clean-up guys have told me that this a record year for debris piling up over the winter and the few storms we had during the spring didn't help. The storms removed all the debris and then spread it back along the shore, so they had to start over (a couple of times) Hopefully we will have a clean beach for the garage sale weekend coming.
And the clean up crew that does our beach is not the same one for the Hutch's area.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
Sue;
Yes Hamilton does clean the beach, they are hard at it everyday. However it is no where near done, the clean-up guys have told me that this a record year for debris piling up over the winter and the few storms we had during the spring didn't help. The storms removed all the debris and then spread it back along the shore, so they had to start over (a couple of times) Hopefully we will have a clean beach for the garage sale weekend coming.
And the clean up crew that does our beach is not the same one for the Hutch's area.
really?...i had no idea. I wish there werent so many stones on my side. ;-(

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
wow...the temps are just BRUTAL this week, dare i say even too hot for the beach (un-less i was sitting directly IN the water...lol
Thursday will be a record breaker (I predict)

Stay cool!~~

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
wow...the temps are just BRUTAL this week, dare i say even too hot for the beach (un-less i was sitting directly IN the water...lol
Thursday will be a record breaker (I predict)

Stay cool!~~
Even in the water it will be too hot, I'm going to stay around the A/C tomorrow.

slyphantom

Jul 23, 2007
I go to the beach almost everyday, I walk along the water,, when my grandkids come over we swim. We rented canoes and kayaks on Saturday from Beach Marine at a very good rate.. I moved to the beach 2 years ago with the intention of using my new environment,, and I must say I love living on the Beach strip. It is never crowded and I feel safe. My only complaint is people who have dogs off lease and let them run up to you barking,, which can be very intimidating, even worse then they jump on you with muddy feet.. And yesterday, omg, the stable flies were relentless,, I don't remember them being so pesky before,, and bug repellent doesn't work. These are minor annoyances with a lot more good than bad for life on the beach.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
slyphantom;
Glad you are liking your new "enviornment":tbu: I agree the users of the beach should be more considerate with their pets, I know it's nice to let them off the leash and let them play in the water, buy if you can't control them, then don't let them off.
Which part of the Beach do you live?
Anyway good to hear from you!

slyphantom

Jul 23, 2007
I got a good deal for the boat rentals,, WagJag, $10.00 a day for each,, I bought 10 vouchers... I know a good deal when I see one, lol.and they build the canoes right there. I think normally it's $35.00 for a whole day , but they probably have half day rentals also. I really enjoyed that,, so far the highlight of my beach activities.

I live in the condo units across from the old school, but think I'll keep my eyes open for a detached home,, at least I have a great view of the lake overlooking Kinsman Park.

And I love dogs, and I love the fact that they can run and play in the water, but you are right, they need to be controlled by the owners,, I would hate to see it ruined for the good pet owners.

Guess you are a long time beach resident eh??

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I got a good deal for the boat rentals,, WagJag, $10.00 a day for each,, I bought 10 vouchers... I know a good deal when I see one, lol.and they build the canoes right there. I think normally it's $35.00 for a whole day , but they probably have half day rentals also. I really enjoyed that,, so far the highlight of my beach activities.

I live in the condo units across from the old school, but think I'll keep my eyes open for a detached home,, at least I have a great view of the lake overlooking Kinsman Park.

And I love dogs, and I love the fact that they can run and play in the water, but you are right, they need to be controlled by the owners,, I would hate to see it ruined for the good pet owners.

Guess you are a long time beach resident eh??
Thanks for the info and yes, I have lived on the Beach for most of my life time. Put it this way, I don't recall living anywhere else.

Donka

Jun 5, 2006
My neighbours and I are down there pretty much every weekend, if it's hot out. We all bought inflatable pool loungers and head down there and swim and float when the temp rises. My suggestion would be to pick any side street and just head straight down. Way less crazy than going to one of the areas with 'visitor' parking. It's always just us and other beach folk down there when we go.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
My neighbours and I are down there pretty much every weekend, if it's hot out. We all bought inflatable pool loungers and head down there and swim and float when the temp rises. My suggestion would be to pick any side street and just head straight down. Way less crazy than going to one of the areas with 'visitor' parking. It's always just us and other beach folk down there when we go.
I have notice that some home owners beside the sidestreets are starting to make the parking a little less inviting for guests. Parking cars in a way that take up as much room as possible and on one street I see that they have planted grass where cars use to park and posted home made no parking signs.

Top Bottom