Donations.

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
Donations. Update on missing Hamiltonian

I'm not sure where I should be posting this.

My friends Son has been missing since February.
He did not just walk off. Something has happened to him.
http://www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca/HPS/CrimeFiles/Missing+Persons/MissingPersonMason.htm

Tips have been coming in to Crime Stoppers but nothing has turned up yet.
His Mom is holding a Fund raiser on his behalf on Saturday November 4th at Hamilton Naval Veteran's Association. They were nice enough to Donate the Hall to her for the event.

It is called the "Bring Billy Home Benefit Dance" they are trying to raise enough money to attract attention from anyone who has or knows information leading to his whereabouts. The money they raise will be going towards any information leading to him.

If anyone is interested in donating anything for door prizes etc..... or works for a company that may be interested, please let me know.
I can give a letter that they have written up if you would like one.

Thank you for reading this.
Please keep him and his family in your thoughts.

Last edited:

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
No problem.
Just hoping that some people may work somewhere that donates and wouldn't mind.
I'm doing my best to help her out.
I went to my old work Yesterday and got them to donate some knives. People go nuts when they see them. LOL

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Mom begs for news of son

Person with shotgun took him away
By Paul Morse
The Hamilton Spectator(Dec 1, 2006)
New clues have emerged in the disappearance of Billy Mason, but police admit they are frustrated by the lack of help from people who may know what happened to him.

Police now believe Mason, 28, was taken from his Main Street East apartment by someone carrying a shotgun.

Mason vanished in late February, leaving his eight-year-old daughter and mother begging for his return.

"At the time that Billy went missing, there were a number of people ... involved in the crack subculture who had appeared to take over Billy's home," said Detective Sergeant Jorge Lasso, of the major crimes unit, yesterday.

One or more people, "removed Billy from his apartment sometime around Feb. 22," and one had a shotgun, Lasso said.

"We also believe Billy knew the person or persons who removed him from his apartment."

Investigators think crack dealers and addicts preyed on Mason, who is a diagnosed manic-depressive on a disability pension, and abused his generous nature by taking over his apartment and turning it into a crack den.

Mason is known to have smoked and occasionally sold marijuana, but police say they have no information that would lead them to believe Mason was a crack addict.

"We have reason to believe these people had not been part of Billy's life for very long," Lasso said.

"We are afraid these people found a vulnerable person in Billy and took over his apartment."

Police released the new details during an emotional public appeal for help by Mason's mother against a photo montage backdrop of her son and his little daughter.

Amid her tears, Donna Dixon begged anyone with information about her son to come forward.

Police and Mason's family are offering a $9,000 reward to find him.

"Our family doesn't deserve to go through this."

Mason's last confirmed contact was with his mother on Feb. 22, when he called her briefly on her cellphone.

Dixon and her son were very close, talking several times a day.

By April 1, the family had reported him missing.

Dixon, who adopted her granddaughter when Mason couldn't properly care for her, said the girl has been told her father is missing, but little else.

"She is angry at God. She wrote Him an extensive letter begging Him, because He sees everybody, to tell her where Billy is," Dixon said.

"When He didn't answer, she became very angry at Him. She was no longer going to talk to Him."

Now, the girl has turned to Santa for help.

"OK, thank you for reading this list, Santa," says the eight-year-old in her letter.

"P.S. Bring Billy home safe. OK. XOXOXO."

The family continues to accept donations for a reward -- TD Canada Trust branch 237, account number 5208227.

Anyone with information can call the major crimes unit at 905-546-2458 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIPS.

pmorse@thespec.com 905-526-3434

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Thursday, April 12, 2007 | Updated at 9:20 AM EDT

The mother of a missing Hamilton man Billy Mason will not face charges under the city's new sign bylaw.

Donna Dixon was stunned when she was ordered to tear down hundreds of reward flyers posted on hydro poles because they violate a city bylaw.

Police indicated she would have to take the signs down because of the recently passed sign bylaw, which limits where posters can be hung up.

"I'm not asking for much," she said. "I'm asking for me to be allowed to get word out there that my son is missing and there's a reward."

City staff last night indicated to Councillor Sam Merulla that the bylaw would not be enforced on these posters, given the sensitivity around doing so.

A single complaint about the posters around Gage Park began the steps to

enforce the bylaw.

Ward 3 Councillor Bernie Morelli said his office received a complaint about posters around Gage Park, but he had no idea what the content of those posters were. He passed the complaint on to staff and from there the order was eventually relayed to police to insist the signs be taken down.

Merulla, who represents the riding Dixon lives in, said she will not have to take down the posters.

"The purpose of the bylaw is to prevent cluttering of

advertising," Merulla said.

"This is not advertising, this is a humanitarian effort, therefore it's not in the same category."

Dixon and 20 friends and family blitzed pockets of the city with posters on Good Friday, hoping to get the message out that the reward for information leading to Mason's whereabouts was recently increased to $10,000. She guessed about 1,000 made it onto hydro poles. She was unaware of the bylaw restricting them.

Morelli said if the posters are in good taste and are police-sanctioned, he has no problem with them.

Mason, 28, has been missing since late February 2006.

Top Bottom