Dynes Property

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I have attached an aerial photo of the area around the Dynes Tavern from 1963, a few businesses are labeled along with the Rescue Unit Property which was across the street. I am amazed that the old Fire Dept. garage was still standing in 63.
In the 1958 Vernon's Directory the White Rose is listed as the Dynes Park Service Station.
Courtesy McMaster Library
Dynes.jpg

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
A couple of supporting pictures from the Rescue Unit.
This one is looking west in the parking lot behind the Rescue Unit hall showing the old Fire Dept. garage.
FireDept.jpg

This one is pointing east, the rear of the Rescue Unit hall and just to the left is the Dynes Tavern.

img051.jpg

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Another from the late 50's, before Charlie Stewart took over the ESSO station it was owned by Manzer and Egan as shown on their tow truck, this picture is looking southeast from the ESSO station over to the Dynes Tavern. The small hut is one of the Fire Dept. fire hose storage.
I have been corrected by a long time Beach resident, the shack was a bus shelter.

C. Stewart Collection
ManzerEgan.jpg

From 1961, the view of the opposite corner of the ESSO station and the pumps, looking north toward Beach Blvd, now a Charlie Stewart tow truck.
C. Stewart Collection
File0140.jpg

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
A few more, from 1980, photo by Mira Neil.

1.jpg

A view looking west from inside the Dynes, Rescue Unit across the street.

JohnDynes.jpg

From 2007 before being demolished,

Dynes07.jpg

Dynes property cleared out after demolishing, taken November 2nd, 2007, the only memory left is the rear railing fence, Rescue Unit is across the street;

Dynes Gone Nov. 2, 07.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom