Enviroment Report

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Environment Report

From The Beach Banner

It has been one of the dirtiest and smelliest winters that we have had to endure for the past few years. A lot of folks have phoned and complained, but not enough to make an impression on the people who can do something about it. To get some kind of positive action we need every person who smells or sees it to call in and complain every time it happens. There are laws against this kind of abuse.

Phone these numbers and state that you are making a formal complaint. Call – Ministry of Environment – Hamilton Office 905-521-7650 or 24 hour line 1-800-268-6060

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I was across from Bell Cairn School today, a large bloom of dark smoke was clearly visible rising from one of the steel mills. I couldn't see which one though as the QEW wall was in the way. I did report it to the MOE and sent in pictures.:mad:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
lil squirt said:
Hey scott. If you want a good pic, climb up the dirt hill.
For the picture to be of any use to the MOE, it needs to be taken as it happens. Also it would be nice if the shot showed the stack that caused the emission, but again the wall was in the way. The second picture that I took was only taken half minute later and the cloud had already moved considerably.
Maybe I will have to hang around that hill. :D
Scotto

Top Bottom