False Email - Do Not Reply

canoe_gurl

Super Moderator
Aug 19, 2008
I received the following email this morning, if you receive it as well don't reply to it!!

URGENT REQUEST!!!‏
Sent: January 28, 2009 9:14:36 AM
To:

Beach Canal Lighthouse Group

Hi,
Sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling to UK for a program, am presently in London i am stranded here because i lost my wallet on my way to the hotel where my money,and other valuable things were kept.I will like you to assist me with a soft loan urgently with the sum of 2200pounds to sort-out my hotel bills and get myself back home. I will appreciate whatever you can afford, I'll pay you back as soon as i return, Please send the money to me through Western Union money transfer by the details below.

Name, Beach Canal Lighthouse Group
Address, 199 Marylebone High Street, London W1U 4RY
After making the payment kindly back to me with payment receipt details needed to collect the money here.

Regards,

Beach Canal Lighthouse Group

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
Yep. Gotta love that scam. It's everywhere. Someone I know was selling some stuff on Kijiji. The person sent them a check from Western Union for over $2000 more then what they owed for the item and wanted them to wire them the difference.

With cheque in hand, they walked into the police station.
It's amazing how many people actually fall for these scams.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Squirt;
The person that sent the cheque is likely from small country in Africa, so there wouldn't be much the cops can do about it. Yes an old scam...

Top Bottom