February Meeting

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
From the January 2005 Beach Banner

Attention Everyone:
Our February meeting has been changed from Feb 1st to Wednesday, February 9th, 2005.
We have a "Special Environment Meeting" that night. Dr. George Sorger, who teaches Water Quality Testing at McMaster University will be there with his students to give us the results of water samples taken from the Bay and the Lake in November 2004. Hopefully a representative from Environment Hamilton will also be present to give the results of soil samples taken from the land fill on Eastport Drive.
Please plan on attending this meeting, it is very, very important.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Just to show the testing sites that Dr. Sorger and his students used to take their samples from, I have attached a couple of pictures. The first one shows the Confined Disposal Facility (CDF) and the Bay testing sites. The second is the Lake sample site.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Also in attendance at this meeting was staff from Environment Hamilton, including Lynda Lukasik and Betty Blashill. Betty presented the final report on tested soil samples that were collected from the CDF on Eastport. I have attached a copy, and again, it's not good.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Attached is the last page of the report and a picture showing where the samples were taken from. Thanks again to Environment Hamilton.

Edit; I have removed the report, rescanned and PDF it into a smaller file. The whole report is attached in the post above.
Scotto.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Beach residents made some display boards for the meeting that show Port properties and the Eastport CDF. Attached is a pic of the display and I have blown up a few sample shots from that board, what a mess. :mad:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
One More

I saved the best for last, this one show old tires embedded in the muck of the CDF that over time have turned white. Wonder how that happened??? Thanks to the photographer, N. Hall for allowing me the post her pictures.

Top Bottom