Halloween on the Beach

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Last Monday was an excellent night for the little ones who went out for Halloween. They called for rain and raincoats, but it didn't turn out that way.
I had a hard time getting pictures of all the little goblins though as there weren't that many kids dressed up and out trick or treatin.
Anyway, hats off to the few beach residents who went that little bit further and decorated their homes for the night.
I have attached a few pictures of some of the decorated houses and to me, the best one was 382 Beach Blvd(bottom left) and sorry no door prizes for the winners.

Kellins

Feb 22, 2005
Too bad kids (and parents) don't feel safe going out anymore. I can remember the Blvd being full of kids and staying out for hours. It would come down the pipe line who was giving out home made fudge or candy apples and kids wern't afraid to eat the treats. When older we would run out of candy and have to go to Earnie's or Kotler's to buy penny candy. I used to tie suckers to blown up balloons for the smaller kids. Of course penny candy was what was given out then - talk about dating myself!

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Kellins;
Yes, keep that up and we may have to move this to the history section. :D
Could be that there is a lot less children living on the Beach at present, don't know for sure, but I do think they still feel safe down here as compared to some of the other neighbourhoods in Hamilton. :inn:
Jimmy Lomax (Santa) was giving away to everyone, a bag with an extra large chocolate bar, large bag of chips, gum and assorted other goodies, there was no line up and he had lots left. I guess the pipeline is no longer used.

Top Bottom