Hamilton Stacks

Donka

Jun 5, 2006
Good for him! As per a previous Beach Banner, I called the Ministry of the Environment last weekend when the smell in the area was so thick and toxic I couldn't stand to be outside. To my surprise an MOE representative showed up at my house 2 days later (I called on a Saturday, they showed up Monday during business hours) to inquire about the smell. He even went so far as to have me walk down the street with him over to Eastport to find out if the smell was from the seagulls. I explained it wasn't a natural smell like they create and that it was definitely some kind of industrial fumes. He said I should call every time I smell it. I'm hoping it shows up one day when I'm home from work and it's a business day so that I can get them to come down here and smell it for themselves.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Donka said:
Good for him!
And good for you, I assume the MOE rep was Ron Hall, he is the best. The rep before him didn't seem to give a dam, we about ten complaints about Bitumar and he stated in a report that the asphalt smell we reported wasn't really happpening. :bang: That all changed when Ron took over.

Top Bottom