I hateeeeeeeee Winter!!!!

smr714

RIP July 1969-April, 2009
Mar 15, 2004
Beach Blvd.
www.neopets.com
Not only did I get stuck in my own driveway this morning and had to dig my car out, it then took over 2.75 hours to get to work....ugggggggggg....... Maybe I just should have stayed home and crawled back to bed.

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Not only did I get stuck in my own driveway this morning and had to dig my car out, it then took over 2.75 hours to get to work....ugggggggggg....... Maybe I just should have stayed home and crawled back to bed.
You must head towards Toronto every morning, no thanks.

smr714

Mar 15, 2004
Beach Blvd.
www.neopets.com
Yes I commute to 401 and Leslie area every workday... I work off hours so the commute is not normally that bad.

Normally the front walk is plowed by a bobcat down here, but this storm my walk was not done. Anyone else notice this? I get Kirk to plow the driveway.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
We have a couple of snowblowers going, but I have been working every day it snow, so I didn't get a turn. Maybe this weekend.

Kirk is usually pretty dependable, did you call him to see what happened??

smr714

Mar 15, 2004
Beach Blvd.
www.neopets.com
The driveway was plowed on Thursday sometime when I was at work, but the sidewalk is normally done by a bobcat that goes down the street. Since I am on a cane, shoveling is not really an option for me to do the sidewalk so whoever did the bobcating was a hero to me. (and I guess I got used to it, so seeing it not done was surprising)

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The driveway was plowed on Thursday sometime when I was at work, but the sidewalk is normally done by a bobcat that goes down the street. Since I am on a cane, shoveling is not really an option for me to do the sidewalk so whoever did the bobcating was a hero to me. (and I guess I got used to it, so seeing it not done was surprising)
I'm surprised that the City paid bobcat did plow it, I have seen them plow the sidewalk of three empty lots then drive out on the street for one house then drive back to the sidewalk to do another empty lot. It would of been much quicker just to drive straight through.

rbaker.1

Dec 4, 2006
The only people who like winter are in the funny farm place. and the people who are down south.
My neighbour in Key West called an hour ago. and complained that he could not go fishing for the last three days. and the temps where down to 65f I had much sympathy for him. Iam supposed to be ther as well but the misses had a knee replacement.
I hadn't see snow for 22 years and still didn't like it.

Rae Baker

smr714

Mar 15, 2004
Beach Blvd.
www.neopets.com
Anyone want to guess...

How long it is gonna take me to get home tonight from 401 and Leslie (in Toronto) to Beach Blvd?

Last Friday it was 3 hours home..
Wednesday morning in the snow it was 2hours 15 minutes to get to work
Normally home it is one hour...

So how long tonight since the snow is already falling.......

Have I mentioned that I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!

Last edited:

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
Hey SMR

I hope you made it home safe? Do you say you live in ST. Creek? We spend the weekends at our new shop there. 221 Barton st corner unit right directly across from Dutchman's florist.

DualSportplus.com web page not ready yet

Top Bottom