I've got Crabs

rbaker.1

Dec 4, 2006
We have had a strange thing happen down here in Florida. It is packing for going home time Apr 14th. and as we were sitting and watching the evening TV news noises keep coming from places in the building, But Ah, nothing to be seen.
WELL last night at 9:30 I looked down and there at my feet was a land Crab
Bold and saucy . would not move. I opened the door and turned on the outside light but it would not move.
I got a broom and with the door opened I gently brushed it outside. NO it wanted to come back in . I had to hold it out side and close the door.
I was surprised that it was so large.
It stood 3 to 4 inches above the floor and was about 6 inches across. Guess it was just saying good bye to us.

All in all it was not so strange, One year we were going into town to get somethings before leaving and as we stopped at a light with my window open a snake came out from the space between the front door and the fender well. It crawled up the window frame and was near the top of the window when I took a package from my seat and pushed it out and off the car. My wife had a fit or something like that.

I looked up the snake and found it to be a Cotten Mouth. NOT SO NICE.
It was a beautiful creature but not a good driving companion.
Between that and the multi iguanas it is a country style down, here.

See you all about the 17th

Rae Baker

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Hi Rae:
Another post from you and now more snow coming.:laugh:
So I take it you can't eat these crabs, sounds big enough??
Could be lunch for tomorrow. And don't be bringing any nasty snakes back with you, Cottonmouths are not nice.
Is this the regular for Florida or is it another global warming issue?
Hurry back with some nice weather.

Top Bottom