Keepers of the Light

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
I'd like to put something up on my Saltfleet site. For those who don't know it that site is FREE Saltfleet history that I gather and offer to anyone it can help. I would like to do a page on the Lighthouse Keepers. If anyone is willing to make any donation of names, bios or pictures it would be greatly appreciated. I've been surfing the net looking for a picture of Thomas Campbell because he has a particular family connection for me. Fred Briggs has already been sourced and is sending a picture of one of the Keepers. Thanks. Lots more to go.

PS Scott do you have one of Pete??

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Considering that Pete helped me figure out my first real camera, you would think that I would have many, but I don't. Any that I have are Spec photos, I do have someone else to ask.
Who is the one that Fred has?

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
All donations welcome. Fred has sent a lovely picture of Carl Van Cleaf cleaning the lens ca 1956. Like I don't have enough going on this project just became important to me. May have to track down Thomas Campbell descendants to get a picture. I'm in contact with the gr grand-daughter of Albert Cripps. Must see if she has a picture.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
All donations welcome. Fred has sent a lovely picture of Carl Van Cleaf cleaning the lens ca 1956. Like I don't have enough going on this project just became important to me. May have to track down Thomas Campbell descendants to get a picture. I'm in contact with the gr grand-daughter of Albert Cripps. Must see if she has a picture.
Must be the same one that we have in the Gallery, but ours is still the newspaper clipping which is not as good as the original photo.
The Spec has many good pics of Pete, but the other choice could be to contact Pete and ask for one.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Well you know Pete. Call him and tell him an older white haired lady needs a good picture of him. LOL There is also a picture in Harbour Lights on page 29. It is a very interesting picture of the brick house. I would imagine one of the gentlemen in there is probably living there. Any guess as to who or when this might be??

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Well you know Pete. Call him and tell him an older white haired lady needs a good picture of him. LOL There is also a picture in Harbour Lights on page 29. It is a very interesting picture of the brick house. I would imagine one of the gentlemen in there is probably living there. Any guess as to who or when this might be??
I called Pete twice today with no answer, I will give it a couple of days just in case he is away.
I don't think I have Harbour Lights, I will see if I can pick up a copy.
If not post the pic...

Top Bottom